10- Back In Time

The sun shone through the now shining windows. The bakery was buzzing with customers now, and it was satisfacting. I limped back to the counter, to place a basket off fresh cookies under the glass. Ms. Barnett smiled at me, from the cash register. More warm smells creeped into the sitting area, and that was my signal to go check in the oven.My crutches I had to use slowed down my pace greatly. The oven started to screech just as I opened it. The puffy golden bread had been perfectly baked.

Niall smiled and took the bread from my hands. "You need to go sit down, Emily," he commanded. I guess he was right. For the last hours I was baking and cleaning up the place like crazy. I took a seat at my usual table. That one seat. Where I had first looked up at that 11 year old boy. It was a feeling of sadness almost. All those memories that used to be, Mom, Dad, how we used to be a family. I tried to remind myself I had to live in the moment, but I couldn't quite grasp that. You know that feeling where you just want to go back in time and change things? I feel that a lot.

-A week later-

 I grinned in the mirror, cuts and all. I was actually happy to be home. "Emily! Come here!" My dad called from his room. "Dang it, I don't know what to wear," he gruffed. He threw his tie down and smoothed his hair. "Dad," I laughed. "It's not too hard!" I went to his closet and picked out a nice jacket and jeans. "Do I wear cologne?" He blew some dust off of a brown bottle. "Here," I handed him a comb and gel. "Just do you hair. And sure, but not too much." I had gotten ready myself, pretty quickly.

Dad didn't know what to make for dinner. "What does he like?" He asked about Niall. "Just about everything, Dad," I smiled. "So, what? Soup? I don't know," he sighed. "Make something easy, soup's a good idea." I texted Niall. 'Come over at 6' .