12- Okay

I looked out the window, and scowled at the dark sky.

The pain was too hard.

I fell down onto the couch, and breathed heavily.

"Emily? You there"

The phone screeched at me.

My hands were numb, and my brain seemed to fizzle out. "Emily! Talk to me!"

"I'm sorry, Ms. Barnett, this is hard," I whimpered."I know how special it was to you, dear," she said back, crying. "I'm coming," I clicked off the call, and went to get my coat. The rain was still heavy, after a couple hours, but the lightning had died down a bit.

Niall and Audrey were probably asleep, so I snuck out. Thunder rumbled the garage, as I walked out the front door, to the car parked in the drive way. Water drenched me, and made my vision more blurry.

I blanked out and soon was at the bakery.

Or what was left.

I got out of the car, soaking from rain, sweat, tears. Fire trucks took up the whole parking lot.

The flames were now a dull whisp, but it hurt to look at it burn through the building. Burn through the memories. Happiness.

I saw Ms. Barnett standing with some officers. The orange flames mixed with the sirens and flashing lights made the smoky lot even more confusing.

"Emily!" I saw Ms. Barnett yelling.

"Emily!"

"Emily! Hello?!"

My head started throbbing, and I opened my eyes. "Niall?"

"Were you having a bad dream?"

What?

"Where's Audrey? Ms. Barnett"

He looked puzzled. "Audrey? And Ms. Barnett is at the bakery, like usual. You okay, Ems?"

I wasn't okay.