Chapter 16---Hello Again

Adrien explained to Tikki what had happened, skipping the Chat Noir part, and she would've been horrified, but she saw it coming, "Well I told you something bad was gonna happen Mari, and look at you now, you almost died!"

"Ya I know Tikki, it's just.. Nevermind you wouldn't understand, you're just a kwami." Marinette said softly

"What is that supposed to mean?" Tikki asked, feeling offended. But she tried to keep in mind Marinette's situation, and she was right, Tikki was just a kwami. She didn't know how any of Marinette's pain felt. The worst pain she's ever been through was having to leave a holder. She knew nothing of human pain.

"I- nothing Tikki, forget it, I'll talk to you later." Marinette told Tikki as she took off her earrings off and placed them in their case once again.

"Do you do that a lot?" Adrien asked.

"Do what?"

"Take your earrings out."

"Well, I never did before things started to get bad, but then Tikki would always tell me that I shouldn't be sad, that my feelings weren't valid, and I just couldn't handle her so I would take out my earrings a lot."

"Oh that makes sense, alright."

"Adrien, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure, what's up?"

"Uhm, how did you get me here so fast?"

"I- uhm, well I didn't stop for red lights." A lie. Marinette thought.

"How did you even find me without my parents knowing you were there?"

"I- uhm well I just-"

"Adrien, give me your hand" She cut him off.

"Ok?" He handed her his hand, his ringed hand. Marinette examined it, yes, it was most definitely the ring.

"I.. Chat..?" She questioned, not looking at him.

"I-" He started, but then plagg cut him off.

"Finallyyy! You put two and two together!" Plagg complained.

"Plagg!" Adrien yelled.

"Adrien!" He yelled back, "Hey kid, you alright?" He turned to Marinette.

"Ya plagg, I'm alright." She put her fist up and he gave her a fist bump.

The three talked for awhile, laughing most of the way through. They talked about people at school, they gossiped about people they didn't like, they talked about akumas, they made jokes, etc. Eventually Marinette had Tikki join, and they all were having fun. But of course that couldn't last forever, her parents had to see her didn't they? So once they came to a stopping point, Adrien let the doctor know that Marinette was ready to see them. Once the doctor left to tell Tom and Sabine, Adrien re-took his seta at the end of Marinette's hospital bed.

As the the doctor let Sabine and Tom inside the room she spoke, "Now don't get her to worked up, she may be in better condition but that doesn't mean she's not still in critical condition." Then she left us alone in the room.

"Oh my god my poor sweet baby!" Sabine cried, obviously just putting on a show for Tom, as she hugged Marinette.

Marinette just rolled her eyes, "Hey Papa."

"Hey bug.." Tom smiled.

"Can we not talk about.. This?" Marinette asked.

"Of course, now's not the time.. Or the place" He laughed.

The four of them talked about anything and everything they could think of, including when they would talk about Marinette's current situation, and decided that Marinette didn't need to explain herself to them as long as she explained to a therapist.

MARINETTE

They were having a slight bit of fun, but that was ruined when Dr. Lyn came in, "Marinette, you have a couple more visitors here to see you by the names of.. Nino and.. Alya..? Would you like me to send them in?" She asked.

Alya and Nino, of course, they are still taking pity,"Ya sure, mom and dad, could you please leave us alone for a bit?"

"Yes of course sweetheart." Tom replied.

"Thanks dad."

Once Sabine and Tom left the room Adrien moved to take a temorary seat right beside Marinette, "Are you sure you want them to come in?" I nodded, "Do you want something to cover your arms?"

"Yes please." Adrien took his jacket off and slipped it over my slim body and went to get up, but I grabbed his hand in a strong grip, "Stay right here, please?" Adrien nodded I slided a little to the side, allowing Adrien to slip in next to me. I moved her hand from Adrien's arm to his hand as Alya and Nino walked in.

Alya had tears on her face and she looked like she hadn't slept or ate in weeks, "Marinette.." She muttered. Nino's face wasn't tear stained, but he looked pretty sleep deprived as his head hung low.

I gathered up all of my courage for this conversation, but I could already feel it slipping away, "Alya.."

"Wha.. I-.." She stuttered, speechless.

I had to take a deep breath before I spoke, "Spit it out."

"Well, first of all, why did you stop talking to us?" She sighed, slurring her words.

This made me angry, how could she not know? "You're serious?"

"Yes, Mari, what did we do?" Alya said, pausing in between each word.

I stood up quickly, making me feel lightheaded, but I wouldn't back down, "You have no idea? Really!?" Adrien quickly stood up and came to my side of the bed.

He grabbed my arm, "Marinette calm down, this is dangerous, you don't know what could happen, the doctor said you shouldn't be overwhelmed." Adrien had a worried tone in his voice, but I really didn't care at the moment. I grew more light head by the second, but I still refused to back down.

"I caught you two talking shit about me!" I yelled, but clearly the doctor could hear me, because she came and removed Alya and Nino from the room.

Once they were out the doctor sat me back down, "Ms. Dupian-Cheng, you can not be this wound up, just because your awake and moving doesn't mean you aren't still in critical condition." The doctor said, this time it wasn't Dr. Lyn, some random male doctor instead. Once I was sitting down and the IV's secure in my skin, the doctor walked out without another word.

"Hey, don't worry about them, they aren't worth your anger, or you putting yourself at risk." Adrien said as I laid my head on his shoulder, a single tear running down my face.

"Adrien?" I asked looking at him.

He looked at me, "What's up?" We sat there for a moment, staring eachother in the eyes. I touched my lips to his, and at first he didn't kiss me back. But once the shock was over, he cupped my face as he pressed his lips into mine. His tongue scraped my bottom lip asking for entrance, and I let him in. We sat there in a passionate kiss for what seemed like eternity. I wanted more then anything for this to become more, but I knew he wouldn't allow it here or now, so for now, a kiss was enough.