Chapter 15---Wake

Adrien was pacing back and forth across the lobby, just like he had been since they brought Marinette into surgery four hours ago. He wanted to say that it couldn't get worse, except it could, and the only lower place for this to go was for her to die. So instead he prayed that it wouldn't get worse, because he knew it could. Both of Marinette's parents were now in the lobby, he called them, but only told them that Marinette was in the hospital again. He felt it was better for the doctor to tell them, but more he feared that if he were to say it out loud, she would die. Like some cruel curse.

But like a curse always does, it seemed to break when Dr. Lyn arrived in the lobby. "Dupain-Cheng?"

"That's us!" Tom and I said at the same time, Sabine just slowly getting up. The show must go on.

"Adrien, we meet again." Dr. Lyn said as she shook my hand.

"Wait, again?" Tom asked.

"Yes sir, the last time your daughter was in the hospital, this young boy stayed by her side the entire time. He only left to use the restroom or to eat."

Tom gave me a smile before turning back to Dr. Lyn, "How's Marinette?"

"Well, I have good and bad news.." She told him.

"Bad news first." Tom said in a worried tone.

"Well, two things.."

"Wait, can either wait until we see how recovers..?" Tom asked, desperate not to here his fears turned into words.

"Well, one is one-hundred percent guaranteed, so I guess yes." She said slowly.

"Alright, then I wish to wait to hear that one until it is certain, wha-"

"May I know?" Adrien asked, wanting to know everything about Marinette's condition.

"As long as her father agrees." Dr. Lyn told me.

"Yes, but what is the rest of the news?" Tom asked.

"Well, bad news, she's still in a slight critical condition. Good news, she will be okay." Tom let out a gasp of relief when she said that Marinette would be okay, but Adrien was just worried about what the last piece of bad news would be.

Tom had walked away and Adrien went to follow him when Dr. Lyn stopped him, "Do you want to hear her risk?"

"Yes please." Adrien responded, turning back to Dr. Lyn.

"Well, she will survive, but.. but theirs about an eighty percent chance of you not getting, her.. back.."

"What do you mean.."

"Well, she could be braindead, or if not brain dead, she could have intense amnesia." Adrien's heart shattered, it seems to do that every second now.

"I-is there anything you can do about it?"

"Well, no." Of course there isn't. Is anything ever going to go good for her? Is anything ever going to get better?

(2 weeks later)

Marinette had just woken up, clueless on where she was. The last thing she remembered before she blacked out was taking some pills, but what pills? They were red, She recalled, in an oversized bottle. What color was that bottle? Marinette tried and tried, but the only thing she remembered was the tiny red pills.She remebered feeling light, not physically light, but mentally. Nothing seemed to be as bad as it was.

Her body ached for something. It felt like she couldnt function with them. What was it? It hurt. Bad. Physically as well as mentally. It burned. It swelled. She groaned. She needed whatever it was. Was it the pills? Maybe some type of drug.. Whatever is was, she needed it.