Chapter 6---Late

(Author) The beginning of this literally screams Ladynoir but I swear it's Marichat!!

For that moment, I felt like I did this morning, at peace, or something like that. But also like this morning, it was interrupted. This time by my phone buzzing, signaling an akuma attack. So I wiped off my arms, -not that that helped, they continued to bleed- wiped the blood puddles off the floor, and went to transform.

"Tiki, spots on." I called, not so much shouted. But no Tiki flew up out of my bag, I didn't transform. ThenI remembered that I had taken my earrings off and left them at home. Shit. Of course I would do that, god I'm so fucking stupid!

I pulled my sleeves back down, completely forgetting about the blood that's still flowing out of my arm, and sprinted out of the bathroom, then out the school-careful not to attract any attention-, and towards my house.

I ran up the stairs as fast as I could and to my bedroom. I searched through the drawer that I remembered tossing it in the night before, but it wasn't there. It wasn't anywhere. I lifted my mattress, flipped my chaise, destroyed my desk, pulled out every drawer, searched the balcony, it was nowhere. How could this have happened? Shit shit shit shit fucking SHIT!! This cannot be fucing happening! I lost my miraculous. And it wasn't just any miraculous, it was the last miraculous of creation slash the last of the the most powerful miraculouses slash whatever the fuck else you want to call it I lost my goddamn miraculous! My face went red and my eyes fulled with tears that came down at what seemed like a hundred miles per second. Maybe because I took it off master Fu came and took it back and gave it to a new holder! No no no that's almost worse! Wait no that couldn't have happened he wouldn't have been able to get in my mom wouldn't let him she doesn't know who he is! Wait, my mom. Anytime I get jewelry that isn't from dad she takes it and calls it payment for me taking the money that would've bought her things like it. My mom probably has it! I practically flew down the stairs and to my mom.

"Mama do you have my earrings? If you do please give them back! I need those! I can't lose them please mama give them back please I'm begging you!"

"Yes I have them you fucking crybaby and why the fuck would I give them back?" She responded coldly.

"I don't know mama just please I can't lose them!" I continued to plead.

"Why do you need them so bad anyways? And who even got you these you don't have fucking friends." Ouch.

"Daddy did! I came home sad about something Chloe did and he took me shopping and got me those!" I quickly came up with an excuse.

"Ya sure, I don't believ you. How about we give your dad a call and see what he has to say?" Oh no no no no no. She's going to find out I lied and not only wil I never get them back but I'll be beat to a damn pulp! But before I could backtrack he had already picked up.

Hello? Sabine?

"Yes dear, I have a question for you." She responded innocently

Well I have an answer. He laughed. What's up?

"Did you buy Mari a pair of red spotted earrings?"

Why?

"No reason, did you?" she shot me the dirtiest look possible, practically saying, you're caught now get ready for a beating.

Well let me think.. Yes! Yes I did.

Her face immediately went to utter disgust, "Alright hun, I'll let you get back to work now, bye, love you."

Alright love bye love you too.

"Mbye." She hung up.

"May I please please get my earrings back now mama!?" I pleaded once more.

"Oh fine what the fuck ever take your damn earrings." And with that she grabbed the box off the table and threw it at me, at just the right angle so that I wouldn't be able to catch it no matter how hard I tried. And once the box hit the ground it came open and the earrings flew out. I scurried across the ground looking for them until I finally gathered to red poke-a-dotted earrings in my hands and rushed back outside.

I ran two buildings over and only then did I run behind the building to transform.

As soon as I put the earring on a concerned Tikki flew out, "Mari you-"

"No time" I cut her off, "Tikki, spots on!" And with that she flew into my earrings and transformed me. I threw my yoyo as far as I could and latched onto the last thing possible trying to get to the battle scene with Chat Noir as fast as I possibly could.

Chat Noir's POV

"Well well well, look what the cat finally dragged in." I said playfully.

"I am so so so so sorry Chat Something happened and I wasn't able to get her fast enough and now I'm late and who knows what could've happened to you while I was gone if you didn't have any help and you got hurt it would be all my fault and I would be to blame and I would feel so bad because I caused you to get hurt and wait oh my god are you hurt did something happen I never checked to see if you were hurt do you need to go to a doctor's oh my god I'm such a bad partner I'm so so so sorry Chat I-"

"M'lady!" I cut her off, tears in her eyes, "Listen, I'm not mad or hurt you do anything wrong we both have a life outside of being a superhero and I can't be mad-"

"Ow fuck! Shit!" She yelled in pain as I grabbed her arm. Why the fuck would that hurt? All I did was grab her arm trying to comfort her. Wait, she's over stressed, and she winces at a touch to her arm. Shit. No, she didn't.

Horror came across my face, "M- m'lady.. What happened to your arm.."

Her face went pale, "I- uh.. It's.." she couldn't come up with an excuse for this, "I-i-i- it's nothing! C'mon we have a villain to fight!" But as she started away, I grabbed her shoulder firmly, keeping her in place. I could see the edges of her cheeks go red from behind her, and mine copied. But unfortunately this wasn't the time to be flirty about these things. Something happened to my bug, and I intended to find out.

"Ladybug.. what, happened?" I said firmly but caring.

She couldn't do anything but stutter, "I-I-I-I-I-I-I... N- noth- I-it's.." I could tell she wanted to tell me, but was scared. But before anything could come out I saw a blast from Beehance (Chloe evilized into a bee villain because of Adriens reaction to her kiss) come towards Ladybug from behind her.

"Ladybug move!" I screamed as I pushed her out of the way, getting hit myself.