Chapter Three---Mother

I woke up the next morning to my mom grabbing me by my arm and ripping me off my chaise, where I fell asleep the night before. Dad must have had to be at the office today, sadly. Whenever he isn't around my so called mother tosses me around and beats me like an old doll. This morning was worse by it being something as simple and light as grabbing my arm. The arm I had purposely hurt, I don't like saying I cut myself, the day before. It stung like a mother fucker. I screamed at the pain from her grip around my sore arm, even with the bandages on.

"Shut your loud ass up and get ready for school before you're late again. If you're not ready in the next ten minutes I swear I will knock every tooth out of your mouth." She added as she climbed back down the trapdoor leading to the living room. Any other mother would be concerned at a wince after a squeeze to the wrist. But not mine, she couldn't care less about whether I got hurt or not. It probably has something to do with my pull on money since I was born. My dad had always spent the extra money that he had on special gifts and surprises for my mother, but when I was born, that money went to my care. My mom had grown up poor, but when she suddenly became spoiled by my dads high quality and highly known bakery and extra office job at my grandpa's business she became the worst brat of them all, other than Chole of course. But my care had taken away all of her extra luxuries and she took it all out on me. The only thing that would bother her if I died is funeral expenses and having to pretend to care for me. After that she would be as happy as a clam. Well I should probably get ready for school now, I don't doubt that my mom will follow through on her promise.

For obvious reasons, I couldn't wear my normal half-sleeved blazer, and I didn't feel like wearing bright pink pants. So I just dressed in an oversized gray sweater and black leggings. And staying with the theme of change I decided to put my hair in a bun and skip eyeliner and just do mascara and lip gloss today.

When I finished prepping for the day ahead I lifted the trapdoor to the rest of the house and climbed down into the living room, only to be met with a frustrated mother.

"Finally your down here, now hurry the fuck up and leave. I don't want the principal on my ass about your tardiness again!" She almost yelled. With that I just rolled my eyes, grabbed an apple and my bookbag, and left, slamming the door on my way out. But that was only until I realized I forgot my phone about 7 steps down the stairs to the bakery. So I ran back in, past my now yelling mom, and back up to my room to grab my phone. And as soon as the screen touched my palm, I was back out the door.

It was a nice day out, sunny, just a little cloudy, with a light breeze. These have always been my favorite types of days. And for a while, I just walked in peace. But any possibilities of me having peace came crashing down when I saw Chloe strutting over to me, and her words from the day before finally raced back into my mind, ruining the couple minutes of happiness I had. And it didn't help when Chloe grabbed me by the arm - almost exactly the same as my mom did this morning - and dragged me behind the school and threw me on the ground. I only winced at the pain this time, since one I wasn't asleep two seconds ago, and two I was half expecting it this time. What could she say to me today that she didn't already say yesterday?

And breaking me out of my thoughts, I felt a hand strike me across the face, and to the ground.