Chapter One--Chloe

Marinette's POV

Ringgggggg. The bell went off in one long shout to inform me that I'm late to school once again, Mr. Damocles' words rang in my ear, Marinette, if you're late to school again then I'll be forced to place you in a week's detention, if you're late again after that, then it'll be suspension. I guess I'll be staying after school today. I picked up my pace and ran twice as fast to school, hoping to get there before Miss Bustier walks into class.

I burst through the classroom door, Miss Bustier already there as I figured. She informed me of my tardiness as I sat down and Alya gave me a slight chuckle. I rolled my eyes as I tried to spot where in our textbook we were.

"Page 154 Mari." A soft voice whispered into my ear from behind. It was Adrien. My face flushed red and I gave him a to-big-smile. Then I quickly flipped to the correct page and focused my mind on the lesson.

The bell rang and as soon as the other kids cleared the room, an evil voice approached me, "What's up Maritrash? Where's your 'friends'?" She laughed practically in my face. I just ignore her and continue packing my things. They already left since I reassured them it was alright.

As I stood up Chloe grabbed my hair from behind and threw me onto the floor and bent down beside me, "Listen nice and close Dupain-Cheng, you, are, worthless. No one likes you, everyone who acts like they're your friend, or act like they like you, they're all taking pity on you. They don't actually like you. How could they? You are a fat, stupid, annoying, cow! Everyone just feels bad for you. Now let that sink in, cow." Chloe walked off and even though I knew not to listen to her words, I felt tears fill my eyes. Finally I stood up, and walkled, no, ran, to the bathroom. Once I arrived I stood in front of the mirror and took off my blazer to examine my body. Now that I look at it, Chloe's right. I am fat. I turn to a side view. Jesus I am so fucking fat. Hot tears start to flow down my cheeks. My chubby cheeks. I turn back to facing the mirror, and reach a hand up to my cheek. God how did I never notice how fat I am?

"Marinette. Don't listen to Chloe, you know her soul purpose in life is to bring others down, don't let her get to you Mari." Tikki rushed out of my bag to attempt to comfort me.

Not wanting to continue on the topic I wiped away my tears and lied, "Yeah, you're right Tikki, I'm not going to let her get to me." She gave me a smile and flew back into my bag as I walked out to meet up with my friends.

I walked over to the park across the street and stopped for a second to see how much fun they were having, and how hard they were laughing. And for a split second, Chloe's words left my mind. I walked up to them and greeted them. The bench was full so I took a seat on the ground in front of them and out my lunch. Their laughter died down and I got a slight welcome. Chloe's words suddenly rang into my ears again, They don't actually like you. It made sense how their laughter had died down as soon as I walked over. And as I took a look at my stuffed lunch, her words rang again, Fat! Cow! So I subtly re-packed my lunch and sat it aside. We talked throughout lunch, when I wasn't zoned out reminding myself of Chloe's words, and we laughed, but they just didn't seem to be having as much fun as they were when I wasn't with them, it kinda made me sad.

When the bell ran off again I told the three to head off without me, and asked Alya to take my purse with her and sit it at my seat. I didn't really want Tikki to set my sadness aside again. Jeez, I just thought about it, Tikki's only here because she has to be. Not even Tikki actually likes my presence, damn. As soon as I knew there was no one else around, I began to sob to myself. Chloe has never gotten to me before, but this time was different, I don't know why, but she just sounded more truthful this time. And so, now knowing the truth, I continuously cried into my hands until I realized that if I was late again I would get suspended. So with that I wiped away my tears once again and rushed into class, arriving just seconds before the late bell rang as Alya and the boys were back to laughing. And again their laughter subsided as I took an awkward seat next to alya and threw my bag back over my shoulder.

Hey guys! This is an idea I've had for a while, even before I got onto Wattpad, so I decided to go for it. Lmk what you guys think!

-873 words-