Chapter 10---Papa

Just then my dad came through the trapdoor, poking his head inside my room, "I'm home sw-" then he noticed my tears.

"Oh my god Mari," He ran up to me, "What happened?" But I just sat in silence.

Taking a hint, he said, "It's alright Mari, if you don't wanna talk about it then you don-"

"Do you love me papa?" I interrupted, "Like, really, love me?"

I expected him to yell at me, or at least be mad, but neither happened, "Yes sweetheart, why would you ever question that? You are my entire world." And he hugged me. Nothing more.

"Because no b-b-body does!" I cried out, "Everyone who I th-thought l-l-loved me has p-pr-proved otherwis-se.."

"Oh hunny, Plenty of people love you, I love you, Momma loves you, gramma loves you, grandpa loves you, Alya loves y-"

"No she doesn't!" I yelled and he looked confused.

"What do you mean? You guys hang out so often, you're best friends?"

"N-no.. This m-m-morning I h-heard her and N-nino.." I couldn't finish.

"What were they talking about?" He asked.

"They were talking shit about me!" I yelled through tears. He just looked at me with sadness. Yet all he did, still, was hug me. I don't think anyone has been this caring to me in a while.

"Is there anything else Mari?"

"Y- yes.. Three-" I cut myself off, realizing it's probably not a good idea to tell him everything, "one more thing."

"What's up?"

"Well, there was this boy-"

"What's his name, address, cell, email, social security, and everything!?" He questioned, and we both laughed before going back to serious.

"Well, I told him something, nothing romantic or anything, but it seemed like he cared, and I don't know, but then I asked him why he cared so much, and he said it was his job.."

"And you're not gonna tell me who it is?"

"Ugh, fine papa, it was Chat, Chat Noir."

"See, super heroes aren't all what they seem, they save people to make themselves look better, nothing more." He said slightly angry. I giggled.

"And was that the loud bang a heard earlier?"

"Yea, he threw something because he was really mad, or, I thought he was, I don't know what to believe anymore. I thought he cared, but then he just said it was his job and.." My voice trailed off.

"Well he doesn't deserve you anyways." He comforted me.

Adrien's POV

As soon as I got into my room I transformed and sat on my bed. I pulled up my sleeves to examine my own scars, which completely covered my forearm. I still remember how it was for me at the time of these, and I don't want Mari to ever feel like that. My only question is, why? I mean, everyone loves her for her, she has all the freedom she could ever want, she has plenty of friends, her parents love her and show affection towards her, what could possibly cause her to hurt herself, let alone like she did. God, I thought mine was bad, and I'm not saying mine weren't, but hers were just.. God damn you'd think her parents abused her or something. But even if they did do something like that, that would still be a lot.

Tears suddenly began to fall down my face. What could've happened? Why didn't I see it?

Then suddenly it hit me. I told her it was just my job. Oh my god why would I say that to her? I'm so fucking stupid!

I immediately re-transformed and jumped out of my window.

For the second time tonight, the twelfth time in total, I don't know why I kept track, I landed on Marinette's balcony.

I knocked on the trap door, and in response I got a concerned Tom, "Who's there!?" Then a start of a conversation between Marinette and Tom.

"What do you mean papa? No one knocked." I heard Mari say, her voice was shaking as if she just got done crying. Maybe she did, and if she did, that would mean what I said really got to her.

"I swear I just heard someone knock on the door to your balcony, do you know of anyone it could've been?" Yes Tom, someone did knock, it was me, the one and only Chat Noir, but I decided to sit and listen to Marinette try and convince him otherwise.

She sounded partially annoyed when she responded, "No one is there papa, I think maybe you're a little too tired for tonight, you should go to bed."

"Maybe you're right..-" Right as he was about to leave, I stopped him with another knock, just to tease.

"Ok now I know I heard that!" He shouted.

Mari groaned, "No one is there papa, why would someone be knocking on my balcony door this late, and plus, who would it even be?"

"Well you never know, and I don't know who it could be, maybe some robber! Or a kidnapper!" He started becoming sassy, I silently laughed.

"There ain't no one there papa, I swear. Now just go get some sleep old man." She joked.

In response she got a playful gasp, and a comeback, "Well maybe I'm old, but at least I've kissed someone before."

"PAPAA!!!" She complained, "THAT'S NOT FUNNY! AT ALL!"

"Not my fault it's true!" Mari really has never kissed someone? Jeez, you'd expect a girl like that to have had like twenty boyfriends let alone kisses. I know that many people have asked her out, and I know she's liked a couple of guys. Yet she's the one of the only girls that I know who aren't completely crazy for me, or shall I say, the famous Adrien Agreste.

"Doesn't matter just shoo!" She complained again.

"I'm going I'm going sheesh! No need to push!" And with that I heard the sound of the trapdoor closing, and I opened the trapdoor in front of me, and jumped down into her room.

"So, big grown up Marinette has never been kissed before?" I teased.

(Authors note) I've had this done for a hot second now, and just finished eleven, just didn't get to posting. Again sorry for my absence