Chapter Four---A Move

My ears rang after the sudden blow to the concrete. But before they stopped, I felt a kick, right in my ribs. I curled up and grabbed my stomach. Chloe kept on kicking me in every place possible. Once she was done with that, she grabbed me by the arm again, pulled me to a stand, and pinned me to the brick wall. She repeatedly punched me in the face, causing my nose to bleed.

"Listen Maritrash, someone told that you made a move on my Adrikiens yesterday, so I'll show you what I think about that," she kneed me in the ribs, similar to how she kicked in the same spot, "You do not deserve him and never will. He is perfect in every way shape or form. You are a fat, annoying, ugly, try hard who has mommy issues. He deserves someone as perfect and flawless as him, someone like me. You deserve someone as fat and ugly as you, like a trashcan! If you ever go near him again, I will beat you harder than your mom has in your entire life, in total. Do you fucking understand me? Nod if you understand me!!" I just barely nodded, and once I did, she dropped me to the ground, and walked off.

Adrien's POV

As chloe came back from behind the building alone, sabrina ran up to her and repetitively asked her where she was, why she left her, what was she to do when not serving her, etc etc. It was completely obvious that Sabrina was in love with Chloe Bourgeois. But that wasn't what I was worried about, Chloe had dragged Marinette behind the building, and now was coming back alone. I rush-walked over to the turn of the building, better not run and risk catching anyone's eye. I got a couple steps away from the first turn before Chloe grabbed me by the arm and brought me against her, and kissed me. She fucking kissed me. Who the fuck does this girl think she is? I only have eyes for m'lady, not Chloe.

"What the hell Chloe?!" I screamed as I pushed her away.

She started to pout a reply, "B- but, I'm the only girl who deserves to kiss you!"

"No, you're a spoiled brat who thinks she can get away with whatever she wants, go bother someone else!" I responded as her face started to go red out of embarrassment. As I continued my path to the back of the building to search for Marinette.

As I turned the second corner of the building to the back I saw a curled up Mari up against the brick wall. As I ran over to her and touched her to lift her back up she flinched.

"A- adrien!? W- what are d- doing back h-here!?" She asked.

I completely ignored her question, "What did Chloe do to you!?" I asked as I pulled her into a hug.

"I- It's j- j- just a couple b- b- bruises, all she d- did was smack and k- k- kick me.." She assured, "O- only once e- e- each t- time! D- don't w- w- worry about m- me!" My worry probably showed, that's probably why she adjusted what she said. I'm glad it was only minor damage, but still, any damage is bad. How could someone do this to someone, let alone a girl as sweet and kind as Mari!

"Did she say anything mean?" I asked, still concerned.

"I- I mean, sh- she o- o- obviously said s- some things l- l- like I'm u-ugly, b- but that's r- really a- all." She said with a slight smile, "O- ok I'm g- gonna get t- to class n- now, bye-bye!!" She attempted a stand, but fell back down. She laughed it off, tried again, and this time successfully rose up. Once she was up she stumbled to the front of the building, gripping onto her higher stomach the entire time. It was about time for class to start, so I followed her back to the class.

Marinette's POV

Every day I regret me and Chloe's first fight. We used to be the bestest of friends, but as soon as she realized her money and authority caused people to fear her, it went to her head. She, as she liked to say, "hired" Sabrina as her "secretary", started bullying people to get her way, threatened to get teachers fired, and all kinds of things like that, and she expected me to do the same. One day I finally spoke up about it, told her she couldn't treat people the way she had been, and she didn't like that. She explained how she could since her "daddy" was the mayor of Paris. That led to a big fight, and the two have been rivals since. But Chloe was the only one who she had told about the issues with her mom, and she had lost Chloe. Now there isn't anyone to talk to about it. Well I guess there's Tiki, but it's not the same. I don't mean to be mean or anything, but Tiki isn't human, she doesn't have a mom, she doesn't have anyone who hates her, and I just can't connect to her about that kind of stuff. Whenever it happened she would say the same thing over, and nothing else. It'll be okay. I mean the first few times, it's comforting, but after many times of the same thing, it does nothing. There's just no connection there. And I would tell Alya about it, but I don't wanna put my problems on her, plus, she just got a new little sister, she doesn't need anymore stress on her! And there isn't really anybody else to tell, sure there's Nino and Adrien and Melen and Alex and Rose and Julika and, well, other people, but I'm not as close with them as I am with Alya. And-

"Marinette?" Ms Bustier interrupted my thoughts with attendance.

"Wha- Yes? Oh, Here! Haha.." I shouted a little too loud.

"Girl what is up with you?"Alya whispered, sounding a little worried, "Ms Bustier said your name four times before you even heard her, your style is completely different, like for real, usually you're in a half sleeved tight blazer and pink rolled up jeans, and today you're in a gray oversized sweater and leggings, and not even to mention you wince at every touch or the bruise on your face! Did something happen, it couldn't be anything at home, your parents are so kinda and loving, especially your mom, and you don't really have a problem with anyone in school, except for Chloe, but that's usually just her saying stuff like move outta her way and all. Did something happen on your way home or something?" She really just ruled out both things that happened, but of course I couldn't say that.

So excuse time, "No no! I stepped on a roll of fabric, fell, and smacked my face on my desk. And as for my clothing and all that, the old outfit was a little childish, don't ya think? I mean, we're in highschool, I think it's time I get rid of the bright pink pants."

"I mean, well, ya sure I guess you're right but-"

"But, nothing. I'm fine!" She sure is trying real hard to make me feel better, am I really that much of a wreck that people think that they should take this much pity on me? Why doesn't she just drop the act and tell me that she doesn't really wanna be friends with me and that she's just taking pity? Am I really that sad?