8 miles.

Eight miles is all Elizabeth told herself,yet those eight miles felt like years,time dragged itself at a snails pace,what made it worse was that she was constantly on the look out,too paranoid about what would happen to the children to sleep,however this was taking it's toll,bags under her eyes and stress at the constant it began to take a toll on her already fragile mental health,but she knew that if she gave up her son and another would die,she would carry that till death.Though her thoughts were quickly interrupted by a scream erupting from Leon,he had just stepped in an infected body,this caused panic as the scream lured the infected to them,so with little thought Elizabeth yanked her son from the body and grabbed Oliver's hand,they began to run though not for long as they were introduced to more infected,setting her son down Elizabeth quickly grabbed her gun,pulling the trigger she began to shoot some of the infected,not all of them,but just enough to create a clear path for them to go through.

Before they could go through an infected man stepped infront of them,half of his face crushed whilst the other side barely clung on,though this shook the group they didn't sit in fear,they had to get out and now would be a good time,shooting down the man,Elizabeth took the boys hands and bolted not daring to look back.Running until they could no more the group soon reached a small town named Sweet Orchid,yet the name was ironic,blood was the new paint and the stench of rotting flesh and death was everywhere,putrid really,this caused poor Oliver to be sick, who would blame him though?.Rubbing the boys back Elizabeth asked "Is everyone alright?", Leon nodded whilst Oliver put his thumbs up,Elizabeth raised her brows saying "Your just as Ironic as the sign",causing the eruption of laughter that came from the boy,the laughter soon died down however as groans of the infected became louder.

Five minutes later and the group were off again,walking through the town of Sweet Orchid,it wasn't exactly pleasant,nor was it unpleasant either,it was just the type of thing to give you intense unease,"Mummy i'm hungry"Leon complained,clutching onto his stomach tightly, sighing Elizabeth,searched her bag and fortunately found another sandwich,handing it to the boy,"Thank you"he said whilst chewing through is sandwich.A shop caught Oliver's eye it was named "Greenvine Valley",presumably a hiking shop,"Elizabeth look",he said pointing to the shop,not thinking much of it Elizabeth asked "Do you want to go in?",Oliver nodded his head and ran in,much to Elizabeth's dismay,"Oliver"She called,taking Leon's hand she dragged him into the shop,the gun tightly in her other hand to fend off any infected.

But instead of being met with infected,she was met with a group of survivors,who hugged Oliver and quickly noticed Elizabeth's presence,cowering quickly."Aunt Lynda,Uncle Charles,Peter, George this is Elizabeth and Leon the people who saved me".