Second Chances

I won't break you
I will not let you down
Open up again I believe in second chances

Luke felt like a shitty friend and human being and everything, he really did. Him and Michael had been cuddling, as usual, on the couch when Luke realised rather abruptly that he hadn't had any sort of contact with Ashton in well, he couldnt even remember how long.

He doesn't know how he could forget about his best friend in the blur of all the things that had happened, but somehow he had, which was completely shitty of him and he had to Skype Ashton straight away and apologise.

At the same time though, Ashton hadn't tried to talk to him either, which must've meant something as well, maybe Ashton didn't want to talk to him, maybe he didn't care anymore about Luke. Maybe he had forgotten about him.

Luke shook his head, ridding himself of those stupid thoughts, it was his fault more than anything, he hadn't made the effort, and he had to now to apologise because he definitely felt bad about it now.

So he wriggled away from Michael, who groaned unappreciatively, looking up at him with hooded, sleepy eyes, his sleep schedule fucking up a lot with the new job and all. Luke just smiled and kissed his forehead, before grabbing the laptop Michael owned.

"What are you d-doing?" Michael murmured, pulling Luke back into his lap, making Luke squeal slightly and Michael smiled at the small noise, pressing a wet kiss to Luke's cheek, which Luke made no move to wipe away.

Luke shrugged, switching the slow laptop on,"I haven't spoke to Ashton in months, so I'm going to now," Luke replied, waiting impatiently for it to turn on. It was pretty old and very slow.

"I look like shit to k-kinda meet your childhood b-best friend for the first t-time," Michael complained, pressing his face into Luke's shoulder indignantly as Luke started typing his details into Skype.

Luke chuckled, running one hand into Michael hair while the other clicked to call Ashton, the online symbol flashing green, thankfully,"Ashton's a babe, he won't care," Luke replied, flicking the top of Michael's head so he looked up just as Ashton's face came on screen.

He was different from when Luke had last seen him, long hair and thicker scruff. He looked kinda tired, but still happy. Ashton always looked happy, and you knew something was really off when he didn't.

"Luke! Holy fuck, where have you been?" Ashton yelled, and Michael groaned at the loud noise, pressing his face back into Luke's neck, and Luke rolled his eyes, putting the laptop on top his legs.

"A lot of shit happened, basically, I'm sorry, I've been so busy recently, just no time to say hi, which is bullshit, but I'm sorry," Luke murmured sincerely, and Ashton just smiled, nodding.

"It's okay dude, same here really," he replied, quickly brushing over the subject like it was nothing. Well it was something, it was a lot and Luke felt he should pick up on that, but instead he let it slide, feeling like he got himself off the hook.

"Michael's says hi, by the way," Luke said to Ashton, and Michael groaned in response, not really communicating with Ashton, and Luke knew he was tired, but he could at least make an effort. He might bring that up later. "He's tired," Luke explained to Ashton who looked quizzical.

And that's how Luke went into the short version of how he and Michael were back together, taking away all the tears and all the sadness, replacing it with a blankness that still showed that not everything was as perfect as suggested.

And then Ashton started the long story of every little thing that had happened in his life, but Luke didn't care because he had his best friend talking to him again and was sitting in the lap of a best boyfriend.

I feel really sad I'm sorry