Angels

And everyday,
I'm learning about you,
The things that no one else sees.

Waking up to Michael making breakfast in the morning was something Luke could get used to easily. The smell of bacon wafted through the gap under the door and the cracks in the wall, waking Luke up from his uneasy night soundly.

He reached up above his head, yawning while stretching, a moan whisking through his lips as he did, sleepy and low. Luke then rolled out of bed, walking out into the open plan space in only a hoodie and underwear, which was what he had slept in.

Michael turned around as he heard Luke enter, a smile fluttering on his lips that Luke returned, though his sleepy eyes told a different story completely, but Michael didn't bring it up. He was going to make Lukes eyes shine with happiness somehow, that was his goal now.

"I hate how even when I d-don't have t-to g-get up for work, i st-still wake up early," Michael said after the usual early morning greetings, and Luke migrated over to the large window again, seating himself on a chair indoors with the window open a crack, breathing the familiar smoke in and out methodically as Michael finished up making breakfast.

They sat in silence over breakfast, each wanting to say something, but then not knowing what to say. It wasn't particularly awkward, just a slight tension that neither seemed to be able to fix with small talk between them.

Luke and Michael split the washing up between the two of them, Michael washing and Luke drying because Luke hated the idea of touching wet food with his hands accidentally. It was still silent, until Michael spoke up, voice slightly quiet, but Luke could hear, due to the, literally being stood next to each other.

"I was th-thinking th-that m-maybe we c-could look for jobs for you t-today, or something," Michael suggested, not looking up from the dish he was cleaning, hoping Luke wouldn't be annoyed or get more stressed from his suggestion.

Luke signed through his teeth, drying the second plate continuously, even though it was already dry,"I mean, yeah I suppose so," Luke muttered,"Probably a good idea," he added, looking at the plate, but not really as he zoned out slightly.

He'd never worked before, it was all so new. A brand new scary world Luke had hoped he'd never have to come in contact with. But here he was, thinking about how he'd need to write a CV and find somewhere that will take him when he has no qualifications at all. It was just stressful.

"L-Luke, I th-think th-that p-plate is d-dry" Michael stuttered, breaking Luke out of his daze, to awkwardly put down the plate with the rest of the dry stuff, forcing a chuckle out at what the had done.

"Yeah, look for a job, sounds like a plan," Luke replied as optimistically as he could, when inside he felt like death would be the better option now.

Michael nodded though, not calling Luke out on the fakeness of his smile, after all, the fake it until you make it motto had more or less worked for him, even if sometimes it all crashed down around him, that was alright sometimes too.

After dishes were done and Luke had grabbed a pair of Michael's sweats in an effort to sort of get dressed, they were sat on the sofa, laptop resting on Michael's lap while they waited for the old thing to load.

Luke sighed, resting his head against Michael shoulder while he watched the screen,"What k-kind of j-job were you thinking?" Michael asked softly, opening up chrome once the computer had loaded.

"Anything that doesn't need qualifications," Luke replied lowly, shrugging his shoulders, because he literally couldn't think of a job that didn't need experience for, apartment from the fast food companies, of course.

Michael hummed, thinking for a second,"I mean, b-being a waiter is always a g-good start, anyone c-can g-get a job as a waiter, so you'll be fine for that," Michael replied, and Luke shrugged slightly again.

"Sounds like a good start I suppose," he muttered, trying to sound upbeat, but failing miserably. It was the effort that counted though, right?

So that's how Michael and Luke sat together, writing out a CV that made Luke sound absolutely perfect for every role in any job. They then sent it to a few places, and once done, the laptop being shut down, Luke felt some sort of nervous tension, maybe at the idea of being rejected, or maybe at the idea of not knowing what will happen if he did get a job after all.

"Someone's b-bound t-to g-get b-back t-to you," Michael assured Luke, squeezing his knee comfortingly, and Luke nodded quietly, staring down at his own hands, fingers weaving together with Michaels naturally, though neither would admit that to each other either.

"Ya k-know, L-Luke, you d-don't have t-to leave, l-like you c-can move in here, or something," Michael stammered staring down at his hands, a rosy blush spreading across his cheeks that Luke adored so much.

"Mikey, that'd be so perfect, I'd love to," Luke replied, spirits raised as one of the many weights were lifted off his shoulders, because at least he didn't have to worry about being kicked out at any given moment.

"We've b-been p-productive t-today, I think that d-deserves take away for us," Michael said after a few seconds, effectively changing the subject, which Luke was thankful for, because he saw himself getting too deep if the previous conversation had continued.

So Luke ordered Chinese take away for them to be delivered, and together they sat on the sofa, cuddled together, because Luke was finally feeling better about himself, and he just wanted to be hugged and loved, even if he knew it was just platonic. It would do.

Look at this funky filler chapter wow how great how cool nice job

Genuinely so tired right now like it's not even late but I'm exhausted omfg

So yeah imma get to sleep tbh lmao im such a granny l8r sk8rs