Drop The Game

I've been feeling cold
You're the heat that I know
Listen, you are my sun

Luke's life was made mainly of sleep now. He'd wake up with Mikey, eat, go to sleep as Michael left for work, wake up, work, sleep. That was what his life was made up of now. Social life had gone out the window, even if he hadn't had much of one before.

And despite all this sleep, Luke always woke up exhausted. He didn't understand how it works, he'd wake up after four hours sleep feeling dead, or wake up after twelve hours feeling, well, dead. Brains were fucked up, that's another thing Luke realised.

Things were weird between him and Michael. Not because anything had happened, because really there was nothing awkward between them, it was just the fact that the only time they ever saw each other was in the morning, where each are too grouchy to actually speak, and briefly in the evening where one comes back from work and the other leaves. They just never saw each other anymore.

It wasn't like Luke missed Michael, but at the same time he did. He missed the stupid conversations and Michael complaining about work for hours at end and that one time Michael came home and instantly fell asleep in Luke's arms. Not seeing Michael was just something Luke wasn't used to.

Another person Luke hadn't seen all this time was Ashton. He hadn't had any actual time to Skype him, what with sleeping and feeling like dying. Luke wasn't even sure if Ashton knew that he had had to move out at this point.

Luke was just confused with life. He was living each day by floating through it, it was all routine with nothing new happening. He didn't even get the interesting peak of being yelled at by strangers at work, considering he usually ends up serving approximately six people everyday.

Speaking of six people, Luke was broke out of his prolonged daze when fingers were being snapped in front of his face, and Luke's vision focused on the boy in front of him, and Luke realised he must of been staring into space instead of taking his order. Oops.

"Sorry, sorry, how can I help you," Luke rushed out, standing up straighter and not making eye contact with the angry looking teenager with brown hair that stuck up wildly at all angles.

The boy in front of him sighed, shaking his head,"I'll just take a double shot espresso," he replied dully, and he was obviously always exhausted as well, judging from the dark circles under his eyes and completely blank expression.

Luke just nodded, getting to work on the order. Over the past two weeks, Luke had gotten a lot better at the machines. Being the only one who works at the shop on his shift, Luke had just had to learn from his own mistakes, instead of having anyone tell him what to do. It was difficult at first, but now Luke likes to think he's a pro.

Luke finished the drink, before traipsing over to the table where the guy who ordered it was sitting, laptop and books spread around, and Luke received a dull thank you as he set it down, thankfully without spilling it anywhere, and Luke went back to his work area, sitting there trying not to fall asleep.

The brown haired boy wasn't the only one in the shop. The regular was there as usual, because, well he was a regular, sitting in his spot in the back corner studying hard, and Luke wondered briefly whether he was a nerd, had a really difficult course or was dumb as a brick. Though that wasn't really something you could ask someone really.

It was only then that Luke noticed the time, looking up from his phone we he'd been playing temple run (lame, but still addictive), and realised he only had five minutes left of his shift, to he quickly started to clean the place, though he had done some of it halfway through his shift, so he was done just as his shift had ended.

The only awkward thing was that two people were still in the shop.

Luke awkwardly cleared his throat, causing two pairs of eyes to travel over to him,"Sorry, um, shop closes now, and yeah, I wanna go home to be honest," Luke said, trying his best not to be too awkward.

While the regular guy started packing his things up like he usually would, the other on glared over at Luke,"Dude, I just fucking got here and you expect me to leave, what the fuck," he said, standing up from his seat.

Luke looked over at him,"Um, yeah I guess, sorry, but now's the time this place closes, not my rules," he explained roughly, rubbing the back of his neck nervously as the other guy seethed at him.

"For fucks sake, this coffee was shit anyway," he growled, and for a moment Luke was sure that he was going to throw the mug at him, until the other guy, the regular came up behind the brown haired boy, placing both hands on his shoulders.

"Dude, you're just tired, go home and have a nice long sleep, you'll feel better in the morning," he said calmly, and the anger diffused from the other boy almost instantly, and he put the coffee cup down, nodding.

"Sorry, yeah you're right, " he said softly, picking up his stuff and putting them in his bag, quickly shuffling out the doors without another word, leaving Luke to wonder what the hell was up with him. The stress of being a student, suppose.

The other guy grinned,"Sorry about him, he's really stressed," he said sincerely to Luke, who nodded, slightly confused to how the two new each other, considering that they didn't acknowledge each other on the way in.

"Oh, I study psychology, I could just tell he was stressed, I don't know him," he explained, as if reading his mind. Damn he was good.

Luke nodded,"Well, thank you anyway," he replied, flicking off the many, many machines. Luke was surprised that once done, the other guy with caramel brown hair was still there, waiting with his stuff.

Luke wasn't sure what to do, but just as he started leaving so did the other one, and whilst Luke locked the door to the whole building, he stood beside him, awkwardly shuffling from foot to foot, as if contemplating something.

"Sorry, I noticed there's no cars around, are you walking home?" he asked once Luke had turned around, to which Luke nodded, hoping to get a ride home instead of walking from this interaction. Sadly no such thing.

"Well, text me when you get home, so I know you're safe," he added, giving a little piece of paper that must've had his number on, before turning around on his heel and walking in the opposite direction to Luke.

And Luke couldn't help but feel happy about the little interaction, even if he hadn't been able to pick up a name.

Dw guys this guy won't be around too long he's just important for plot and for muke later I promise

My mums yelling at me oops l8r sk8rs