Born to Die

Don't make me sad
Don't make me cry
Sometimes love is not enough
And the road gets tough
I don't know why

Luke practically skipped his way home, elated with the good news about this job, that he could actually start helping Michael with the bills instead of moping around himself whilst hearing Michael complain. That they'd be able to afford to have a strong cup of coffee again. It was all going to be better from here on.

Luke opened up the door to their shared apartment, knowing Michael would already be home, too loudly, and maybe too gleefully, he yelled out,"Honey, I'm home," causing Michael to emerge from his dark room, looking pretty sleepy and annoyed.

"You seem happy," he murmured, wandering over to the sofa and dropping down onto it, Luke following suit, wrapping a blanket around the two of them whilst doing so, as the apartment was all extremely cold and Luke wasn't sure if he could deal with it. They couldn't afford to put the heating on though. It was all very sad.

Luke nodded, grinning wildly,"I may of got a job," Luke replied slowly, and Michael turned to look at Luke, his expression way too shocked to be fair, did he expect Luke to never get any job?

"Woah, d-dude, seriously?" and when Luke nodded, Michael grinned back at him, even if Luke's did falter at Michael's complete and utter disbelief, and maybe he didn't believe in Luke's abilities after all. "Where is it?" he asked, shaking Luke out of his thoughts quickly.

"Little coffee shop down the road, it's cute," Luke replied, trying not to let his words falter him, and it seemed to work, Michael nodding excitedly.

"This is g-great Luke, so g-great," Michael gleamed, and Luke smiled softly, nodding again, not really knowing what to say.

"You act like I was never going to get anything," Luke said quietly, under his breath, not thinking Michael would hear him, not thinking Michael would pick up on him speaking his thoughts aloud.

Michael however did hear, of course, they were literally right next to each other after all, Luke was particularly smart at the best of times,"Well, I was having m-my d-doubts L-Luke," Michael said matter of factly, only annoying Luke more.

Luke shuffled away from Michael, shaking his head,"Nice to know you didn't ever believe in me then," he muttered, this time wanting Michael to hear. He was pretty annoyed after all.

Michael rolled his eyes,"C-Come on L-Luke, we should be happy, n-not sulking around, there's a p-pizza in the freezer we can have," Michael said, trying to lift the mood, and brush away the previous conversation like it was nothing.

Luke sighed, but nodded, though bothered by the what was said, not wanting to bring uneeded tension into the small apartment, when they had to see each other everyday after all.

Michael nodding, getting up and starting the old oven up, taking a few tries until it finally worked, and Luke just sat on the sofa, waiting for the food to be served for him. He was pretty lazy to be honest, but he burnt most food and Michael displayed housewife qualities, and didn't seem to mind cooking anyway. (If putting a pizza in an oven counts as cooking.)

Ten minutes later and Luke had the piping hot food. They ate in silence, neither knowing particularly what to say anymore, but once finished Luke fell into Michael's arms, the always cold apartment even more so as night came, the faint sun not around to heat the apartment any longer.

It was becoming a usual thing now, they would sit, limbs meshed together and just sharing each other's warmth, until Luke would finally decide he was tired and get up to go to his, well Michael's room to sleep. And it was only then that Luke realised that they really needed some better sleeping arrangements.

So instead of Luke getting up and leaving Mike with just a small goodbye, he stood Michael up with him, both boys stood probably too close to each other, Michael's hot breath moulding with Luke's as they stood in silence.

"Come on Michael, it's not fair to keep you on the couch much longer," Luke whispered, not wanting to break whatever was happening, but just doing so anyway, before anything either one of the boys would regret could happen.

Michael nodded slowly, so with mutual agreement, they made their way over to Michael's bedroom, which not much later became their bedroom.

I'd just like to say that rn everything that is happening here is like, platonic. They're are still only friends who have awkward living arrangements. That is all. (That'll change sometime soon, maybe.)

In other news I shall once again talk about that fact twenty one pilots has a new song (did I talk about Fairly Local on this fic?? Who knows man) it's called Tear in my Heart and I recommend it for everyone cause I love it a lot nice job tøp !!! (Is it tøp or 21p cause idk)

Anyhow, it's late and I have to wake up at a stupid time tomorrow so l8r sk8rs