Ain't No Rest For The Wicked

There ain't no rest for the wicked
Money don't grow on trees
I got bills to pay
I got mouths to feed
And ain't nothing in this world for free

The next part of getting a job was going to an interview. To say Luke was nervous was an underestimation. Luke was shitting himself as he waited. Yes it wasn't exactly the kind of job where you get paid loads of money and you fuck up one word in the interview and you're out, but it was a big deal for Luke. He needed this job.

He was waiting in some bright white room he had been led to, tapping his foot against the ground despite the few glares he got from the few people that were around him, nervous habit, he supposed.

He was last on the small list to be interviewed, considering he had put in his CV on the last available day. Still, it sucked waiting and waiting and watching people go in and out the room, until he was the only one left, the quiet room now silence, only his presence detectable.

At last, he was called in, and awkwardly he stood up, wiping the sweat from his hands onto his jeans before shuffling into the small office room, ducking his head to get under the door safely.

Luke stepped in to see what a person that he could only describe as the uptight and prude. She looked like the kind of lady that would scream at you for saying heck. But hey, who said anyone liked their boss, right?

She swiped her eyes up and down Luke's body, mentally judging him and his clothes and hairstyle and whatever else, and Luke looked back at her, worry and anxiety filling him, until finally she spoke,"Take a seat."

Luke quickly obliged, settling down in the chair, which looked soft but turned out to be rock hard, and he winced slightly as he crashed down on it, much to the women's disapproval.

She stuck out her hand for Luke to shake, which he took, her bony fingers tiny in his larger hand,"I'm Angeline Woodbury, owner and manager of this establishment," she said tightly, as if Luke hadn't already realised that. He bit his tongue from saying that though instead introducing himself.

"Luke Hemmings," he replied as politely as he could.

"Yeah, I know that," Angeline replied sarcastically, stacking some papers quickly in front of her, and Luke once again had to refrain from saying anything he'd later regret.

"Well, tell me something about yourself," she said after a moments silence, and in that moment Luke's mind went blank and he had to scramble something up to give an expectable answer for her.

"Well I, um, I helped to run my family's business back in Australia, it's bankrupt now, but that's not the point, I don't think, um yeah," Luke muttered awkwardly, looking away from her annoyed look and down at his hands.

"Okay then," she muttered, scribbling something rushed on a piece of paper, eyebrows drawn together,"Why do you consider yourself suitable for this position?" she asked sharply, looking back up at Luke who was sweating slightly from where he was seated.

"Oh, well, I suppose, I can serve people well, like, carry plates and stuff, I guess, maybe..." he replied, trailing off towards the end, and her annoyed expression turned to angry.

"Ya know what, Mr. Hemmings, there's no point in you wasting my time, you're obviously incompetent to do anything, go find a job somewhere else," she said, voice terse, and to begin with he wasn't sure if she was serious, until she continued to glare at him, not saying anything.

"Oh, well, okay, I'll leave then," Luke stuttered, scrambling out his chair and scurrying out the door, still sweating from her heated glare as he hurried out from the building and outdoors, where it was fresh and cool air.

Disappoint was quickly replaced with annoyance towards himself, he couldn't even answer the two simplest questions there were, he couldnt do goddamn anything right, it was fucking stupid.

The apartment wasn't too far from that restaurant, and Luke stormed down the street, mentally kicking himself a thousand times and rethinking what he should've said even though it was pointless.

He had practice a few times with Michael and everything, late into the night a couple of times, but it had all come to nothing. He was a massive disappointment to everything and it fucking sucked so bad.

Michael was already home when Luke had gotten back, sitting laid back on the couch and watching TV, until Luke came in, using the key he had gotten cut with Michael only two days earlier. Michael jumped up, turning around from where he was seated to look at Luke, who trailed in.

"How'd it g-go," he asked, voice upbeat as he hadn't really seen how down Luke looked.

"It was such shit, I'm so stupid, I fucked it up so bad Mikey," Luke whimpered, sitting on the sofa and instantly crawling into Michael's arms, who wrapped them around Luke's body comfortingly.

"How b-bad was it?" He asked, running his hands through Lukes hair reassuringly and Luke pressed his hand against Michaels chest, his heartbeat beating in his ears.

"Like, I got to the second question and got thrown out bad," Luke replied softly, leaning back so he was lying across the sofa, his legs on Michaels lap.

"If it m-makes you feel any b-better, I g-got k-kicked out of one interview c-cause of m-my p-piercing b-before the first q-question," Michael chuckled slightly,"Just d-dont worry about it, we'll find you a b-better job anyway," Michael added softly, and Luke nodded because he couldn't find himself not feeling optimistic when with Michael.

I am small children who has never had to get a job before I don't know what I'm doing rn

Is it bad that I only really like all time low's old stuff like their newer stuff is great and im really excited for future hearts but their old stuff makes me feel so many things Idek anymore

Anyhow, I have to tidy my room and stuff now l8r sk8rs