Episode 12: To Be the Very Best

(A moment of silence for Ash for finishing his Pokemon journey. What a journey it was! I am still on my journey, but I cannot believe his is over. Well, we shall train on! I still plan to play Pokemon and go on my adventures, and hopefully, you will too! Enjoy!)

             In a beaten up, old playground, a young child was walking thought it alone while holding a letter in his hands. He wasn't sure where to go from here and continued to walk alone.

"Where is everyone? I thought there was supposed to be a lot of people attending this event" he whispered before putting the invitation away.

As he put the invitation away, he looked up to see Primids forming in front of him!

"What are these things?" he asked nervously as he took a step back.

A few formed in front of him as he ran the other way.

"Please leave me alone!" he shouted with worry as he continued to run, "I don't want to fight unless we are fighting in the tournament!"

However, a few more appeared in front of himself again. He gasped in fear and cast his psychic powers to create a shield to protect himself. A few of the Primids threw itself against the shield and disappeared the moment it struck it.

"Please stop! I don't want to hurt you!" he exclaimed until one snuck behind him to pull him to the ground!

He let out a painful yell and whimpered when he saw more and more Primids were covering him!

He waited to be attacked, but someone shouted, "PK Thunder! PK Fire!"

The boy opened his eyes in awe and saw Ness standing in front of him!

"Hi Lucas!" Ness greeted warmly, "I am sorry I took a long time to find you! I was fighting some Primids on me own when I was trying to find you and the others"

Ness held out his hand to Lucas as Lucas stared at the hand and then Ness. Lucas took the hand as Ness helped him stand up and grinned.

"Come on, we should get going. I am sure we will find other fighters too" Ness reassured him, "Just stay with me and fight our way through this!"

"O-ok" Lucas replied in relief as he stood behind Ness.

"PK Thunder!" Ness shouted as he waved his hands to zap a few Primids in front of him.

Lucas was surprised to see Ness fighting with everything with everything he has. Lucas wondered where Ness got this strength to fight against all odds. Ness then unleashed a powerful wave of energy to strike the Primids around himself. Lucas then cast a "PK Freeze" to freeze a few Primids. Ness spun a yo-yo and beat the Primids with it. Ness took a baseball bat and knocked the Primids back.

"You're a good fighter, Lucas" Ness cheered warmly.

The ground shook as Lucas grabbed Ness as they looked around for the source of the shaking. Lucas and Ness then found themselves facing a giant machine holding a person inside of it!

"Ah!" Lucas screamed at the site of it until Ness held his fists up.

"Don't worry, we can do this together" Ness reassured him confidently, "We have to work together and then we can do this"

Lucas was surprised as Ness remained strong. Ness pushed Lucas away from an incoming attack from Porky. Lucas hit the ground as Ness continued to run towards Porky. Ness created a shield of lighting around himself and pushed himself right towards Porky.

"PK Fire!" Ness shouted as he cast a powerful fire at Porky.

Lucas ran underneath Porky and shouted, "PK Freeze!"

He froze Porky in place as Ness cheered.

"Nice on, Lucas!" Ness exclaimed as coated himself in lightning, "PK Thunder!"

He crashed himself into Porky burst lightning! Lucas charged himself up with lightning and lunged to help Ness. Lucas crashed into Porky from below and crashed the machine to break! Lucas was knocked back and hit the ground with a thud. He looked up to see Ness hovering above him. He lowered himself to the ground and before Lucas.

"Are you ok?" Ness asked seriously as still held up his fists.

"Y-yes. Do you think that's enough?" Lucas asked worriedly.

The machine exploded as Ness cheered! He helped Lucas stand up and grinned warmly.

"We did it! We did it!" Ness cheered as Lucas pulled his hands back from Ness and sighed in relief.

Lucas was relieved to see Porky defeated, but he wondered what they were going to do now. They defeated Porky and were still alone here. Where would they go now? Ness knew Lucas was worried and walked up to him to comfort him.

"Hey, don't worry, we are going to be ok" Ness reassured him until he heard something charging.

Lucas could hear it too and nervously searched for the source of it. Lucas gasped as he saw Wario standing on top of a small mound of earth!

"See you later, kiddies" Wario chuckled as he fired the gun.

Ness gasped as Wario fired the gun. Ness then pushed Lucas away as the gun struck Ness! Lucas hit the ground and gasped when he turned around to see Ness transformed back to his trophy form!

"Ness..." Lucas whispered with worry as Wario jumped down and grabbed the trophy form of Ness.

Wario laughed at Ness and then at Lucas before running off with the trophy form of Ness. Lucas hesitantly reached out, but he felt scared. He picked himself up and ran the other way from them while crying. He couldn't save his best friend... He slowly began to walk and bumped into someone.

"Huh?" he asked as he looked up to see Red standing before him with Green standing beside him.

Red turned around and saw Ness's worried expression.

"Hey, don't worry. We will get through this together" Red reassured him by rubbing his yellow hair and tossing out Blasty though Blasty was not a Blastoise.

Blasty was Squritle. Ness blinked at them as Red grinned.

"I'll handle this. Green and Ririri will watch over you" Red said determinedly as he commanded Blasty while Green sighed at him.

"Leave it to him to be a showoff" Green said with a sigh before turning to Ness and asking, "Are you ok? What happened?"

Ness looked at his feet nervously as he glanced to Red and Blasty. Red commanded Blasty to use his speed and powerful water attacks to defeat the Primids. Ness was in awe at the site of how strong and tough Red was in the fight. He and Blasty were able to defeat the Primids so easily!

"I still can't believe my strong and tough Blasty is now in his cute form! I don't get to even spend time with him!" Green exclaimed annoyed as she hugged Ririri close to herself.

"Hey, he's still strong!" Red answered, "Strong and quick like Pika!"

They finished defeating the remaining Primids. Red then returned Blasty back to his pokeball and then turned to Ness.

"Ok that should take care of that. I'm Red. This is Green and Ririri. I am using her Blasty in the tournament" Red answered, "We are looking for our friends. We got separated when we were making our way to this tournament"

"As well as your Saur who is an Ivysaur and Blue's Charizard" Green reminded him, "But knowing Yellow and Pika, they're fine. I bet they're already waiting for us at the tournament"

Red could rub the back of his neck and grinned. They were talking to each other as Ness recalled what happened to Lucas and nodded to himself.

"I lost my friend" he spoke nervously, "And I want to save him! Will you help me?"

Red and Green shared a look and then Red answered firmly, "Yeah, we're friends! Let's help each other find our friends together"

Ness was surprised to see them agreeing to help him.

"Well, let's go" Red said with a nod of his head, "We will save them!"

They walked together and leaving the rundown playground with every intent on saving their friends.