Chapter Thirteen

Resting

All her years, she's never been able to jump to save her life. So it was a huge mistake to even try. Having no hope for the man who stood in front of her as she just wasn't so sure if he'd be able to reach out to even grab ahold of her arm in time.
When she stated she wasn't a good jumper, ever. She really had meant that.

He watched the woman tremble in fear as he stood ready, to catch her. Once Y/n had finally leaped over, he quickly reached a little more out to get ahold of her arm.
"I've gotcha!" He grunted while seeing the girls eyes pop open in surprise that she had made it across, well somewhat.

He pulled her up from the ledge, only for him to loose his balance. Resulting in falling backwards, dragging Y/n down with him.

Y/n could hear his heart beating, which sounded so peaceful. Slowly pushing herself up to only lock eyes with him.

"Please catch me?" Leon rose a brow at her, making fun of her comment as she glared at him. "Why the sudden respect?" He added, Y/n got up from him while holding her hand out for him. "I only asked nicely because you could've not caught me." Leon took her hand while pulling himself up from the ground. "I feel like you don't take my job seriously. No matter the position a person is in, I'm not going to let them die." Referring to giving even the enemies a chance before being left with no other choice, killing them.

"Seems the whole tunnels are collapsing now."Leon decided to change the subject, finding another passage.
"Let's go." He ordered while she nodded. Once the two made it to a safe spot. They decided to take a break for a moment since Leon needed it.

"We should be fine here, for now at least." Leon looked around the small room they had came across as he had found a chair to use for the door. Blocking anything from getting inside, well at least hopefully it would hold. Once he was done with that, Leon glanced over at Y/n sitting on the floor with her knees up to her chest.

Leon relaxed his shoulders back as he walked towards her. Sitting down beside her as he stared at the door. "You're scared aren't you? I wouldn't blame you... It's not everyday you're dragged into something like this." Leon expressed his thoughts to her as she glanced at him.
"I'm not scared." She assured him, which it was half a truth and lie. Y/n was thinking about how messed up her life is now. Never really getting to experience anything in life because of how strict her father was. So maybe after this, she'll understand why?

Leon leaned in close to get a better look at her, catching Y/n off guard since she was busy thinking. "W-What are you doing?!" She backed away from him. "You're right, there's no fear in your eyes. So what is wrong?" Leon questioned as he really couldn't read this girl.

"Nothing is wrong." She stated while looking down at the floor.

"It's fine if you don't wish to talk about it." Leon spoke while staring at the door again. His eyes getting heavy.
Y/n was sort of shocked Leon didn't try and force her to talk about her problems. So maybe she should, but what if he wouldn't understand? "Leon I-" Y/n cut herself off as she had suddenly felt a heavy weight on her shoulder. Looking over to see what exactly was that 'weight' only to see Leon's head was resting on her.

Was he asleep, or dead?

Y/n brought her hand up to poke at his cheek only for him to speak up. "I'm not dead."
"I was just checking!" She let her hand drop back to her side as she stared at the door. Her cheeks were indeed red since she's never really been around men like this. Since her father always told her no boys. Despite her being a college student in her last year. So this strange feeling she had going on inside, was bothering her a lot.