Chapter Seven

Not a Spy

The sewers weren't very lit up, but gradually further in the two walked. The lights seemed to get brighter, which Leon had turned his flashlight off to save the battery.
Y/n glanced over at the male as she never really got a good look at the stranger earlier due to a terrible situation they were all in. The sewers lights weren't bright enough to show his features very well but she got to make out some of his face. He was a pretty good looking stranger, obviously the type of man every woman fell for.

Leon on the other hand had noticed Y/n was staring at him for a very long period of time. "Something the matter?" He asked, generally wondering if something was wrong. Y/n blinked her eyes a few times before realizing she was being rude for starring at him for so long without saying anything.

"I'm sorry! There's nothing wrong!" She panicked while looking away, her cheeks felt very warm from embarrassment. Y/n took larger steps to keep a good amount of distance between the two of them. Leon sighed as he reached out to grab her wrist, stopping her from walking any further. "Don't walk ahead, you don't know what's down here and it's better if you stay close." Y/n stared at Leon, slowly nodding her head.

"What about you then?" She rose a brow at him. "You're a civilian, so it's my job to keep you safe." He replied while walking ahead of her.

"You really don't have to worry about me. I can handle myself." She mumbled as he stopped to look back at her. "Oh really?" He was tempted to test her skills, but it really wasn't the time or place.

"Then why not fine your own way out of here then, if you're really able to handle yourself." Leon waited for her to object but to his shock she walked passed him without any hesitation. "Men always think women aren't capable to do things on their own." She glared at him while going her own way.

After just ten minutes went by, she was alone now.

"There's not even anything down here besides crap." Y/n looked back behind her in hopes maybe he did follow, but he hadn't. It was just her. She was trying to act all tuff, but she really wasn't.

She took out the vial from earlier. Slowly remembering she had a watch that Ada gave her to help get around the sewers. Y/n turned the watch on and was amazed at the technology.

"So I'm here..." y/n pointed at the hologram map. Showing herself where she was and where to turn.

*Click*

Y/n stopped breathing as she heard a click of a gun behind her. "I knew there was something off about you. Identify yourself." It was Leon, he did follow her, but not for the reason she hoped.

Y/n spun around to see the anger in his eyes. He wasn't to big on liars. "It's not what you think!" Y/n wasn't sure how else to convince him because what if he didn't believe her. "I'm not suppose to say anything.." Leon glanced at her other hand that was in a fist.

She has something...

Leon grabbed her hand by force and took the vial out of her hand. It was a small vial with no label. His suspicion was right. "You're working with Dr.Jung." He looked at her, not even making it sound like a question. But as if he knew she was working with him.

"No, I swear it's not like that!" She shook her hands in front of her. "Then talk!" He growled while still holding his gun up at her. "A woman had given it to me as a favor since she saved my life. So she gave me that vial and told me to give it to Dr.Jung." Y/n confessed, but kept the woman's name a secret. There was no way she'll rat her out.

Leon stood there for a few moments, like he was some lie detector searching for any signs of an error.

He lowered his gun slowly. "Your story better be check our." He said while putting the vial into his own pocket. "And I'm holding onto this. Once we're out of here, you're not coming with me." He stated.

"But I have to! That man sent something after my father and I need to know if he's okay!" She tugged on his sleeve. "You're a civilian! I only didn't care because I thought you were a spy working for that man, but clearly you're not. So stop protesting and listen." He ordered.

"No."

"What?"

"I said no. If you won't help me find Dr.Jung I'll do it on my own." Y/n pushed passed him, heading towards a door that was on the other side of the sewer water. She took a deep breathe and slowly let it out as she jumped down into the water. Never in her life had she thought she'd be in the sewers just to find some Doctor.

Leon however was standing there, completely in shock by the girls actions. Her bravery to go on her own made him remember some people who were just like that. He shook the thoughts off.

Maybe her story was real since she brought her father up, or it could be another lie. But she seemed very determined to do it on her own. Leon was having a hard time deciding if he should bring her along or not. He didn't want to have a partner that would only get in the way of things. Maria already was a goner unless she was lucky enough to make it out alive.

He heaved out a long sigh while following her into the water. Once they both made it out of the water he looked at her.

"I'll help, but you'll need to owe me a favor." He said. Not even thinking.

Y/n looked at him. "I don't think I'll be much help. I barely know how to use a gun." Y/n pulled out the one her father had given her. Leon rose a brow, "You were armed this whole time?" Y/n slowly nodded her head, confused to what he had had meant by that. "Yeah, why?" Leon sighed as he looked away then back at her. "Earlier you were using a trash can lid to defend yourself when you could have used your gun to kill the dog earlier. So why didn't you?" He questioned.

Y/n pressed her lips into a firm line as she intertwined her fingers. "I- um...forgot how to use it." Leon had a blank expression, "I'm confused, your father gave you a gun and didn't bother teaching you the basics?" Y/n frowned, "He did, but he didn't really show me how to use it."
Leon stared at her for a moment before letting out a long sigh. "I'll teach you."

"What?" Y/n looked up at him, the light hitting his features more clearly now.

He's really handsome...

"I'll teach you how to handle a gun and the general basics of how to properly use it." He explained.
"Are you listening?" He asked, while leaning a little closer to her. Y/n backed up a little from him as she nodded her head quickly. "Y-yes!" Leon knitted his brows before leaning away from her.

"Alright partner, let's quickly get this over with."