Chapter Twelve

Two down One Left

After some time searching for the stones, they were lucky enough to not have any problems with getting ahold of them. There were a few infected that they came across, but it didn't stop them. Which had lead them to think something was very off.
Why would it be easy to find all the stones, without much trouble? Something wasn't right. They still had one they needed to retrieve yet, so it was possible maybe that would be the hardest to collect.

Y/n looked over at Leon who seemed to be more paler than normal now. The poison must of been spreading faster than she thought. "Leon, you should really take it easy." She broke the silence as they searched around the room for the last stone.

"I'm fine." Was all he said in response, which wasn't convincing enough for her. She walked over towards him which he took notice and rose a brow. "What now?"

"Do you always lie? If you're in pain, say so. We can rest for a little bit." She asked while glancing down at the wound where the poison was injected from. Frowning at it, as she wished it was her that got it. Leon would be more useful in saving her Country compared to her. "It's getting worse.." she mumbled while she felt guilty. He wouldn't have been put into this mess if it wasn't for her.

Maybe then, he and that other woman would have stopped this all without getting hurt. Instead, he had to deal with her as a partner.

"It'll be fine, trust me."

"How can you be so sure? You may have been through worse than this, but we don't know how deadly this poison is." Y/n expressed. Indeed it was true, they had know idea what poison was injected into him after that fight.

Leon heaved out a tired sigh as he narrowed his eyes at Y/n. "Don't worry about me, that's the last time I'll say this." He walked away as he searched in another location. Leon knew it was a bit harsh to tell someone to not worry, but he also didn't like that feeling of someone worrying about him. It just made it so unsettling.

Y/n frowned as she watched him. He was more weak than before, there was no way he was going to make it if he doesn't get treatment now or at least find something to prevent it from spreading anymore, but who was she kidding?
That poison may have already started to reach his heart. Leon probably knew better on how to handle this, so resting would be a bad idea. It would just give the poison more time to reach his heart.

"Found the last stone." Leon spoke up as he crouched down to see it was behind bars. Not really a strange place to put a stone. Leon looked around the area to see there was a trip wire.
Y/n was almost about to step on it only to be stopped by Leon pulling her back quickly.

"Look." He pointed to the wire. It seemed it had lead to a trap door. Falling down it, only could mean death.
"Thanks." Y/n softly spoke with a nervous look.
Leon pushed the wire down with his foot as he watch the trap door open up along with the bars that are shielding the stone.

"This could be a problem." Leon told himself as he examined the area for any way around this.

"The rocks."

"What?" Leon rose a brow.

"The walls could be useful, so we could use them to help us get on the other side. Seeing how there is a small ledge to also walk on as well." Y/n pointed on the side of the trap door.
The walls were like going rock climbing.

"The trap may still get triggered, but the rocks are there for a support. Once I'm on the other side, you hold do-"

"What do you mean you? You shouldn't put yourself in any danger." Leon disapproved of the idea of Y/n doing this task, especially her being clumsy. This wouldn't be a good idea at all.

"You could easily slip then die. So I'll do it, got it?"

Y/n rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms. "That's it! All you've been doing is telling me what not to do and what I should do! What happened to letting me protect you? Look at yourself Leon! You won't even make it in that state! So I'm doing it." Y/n argued while walking over towards the side of the wall.

Leon wasn't shocked by the sudden reaction from Y/n. He kind of expected it sooner or later, not to mention how right she was as well. He heaved out a sigh. "Fine."
Y/n looked over at him as he waited for her to make a move. Looking back towards the rocky wall, she slowly began to make her way across the ledge.

"So what were you taking up in college?" Leon questioned as he made sure to pay attention to her footing. In case he'd have to spring to her aid if she slips.
"Where is this coming from?" Y/n replied with a grunt as she let her hand press against a rock. It was clear she pierced her hand open from it now. 'Shit.' She thought before finally making it.

"Just curious?" Leon wondered if she was going to college for law enforcement or something, considering her remarkable bravery in all of this. Feeling his body relax as he sees she made it over safely.
Walking over to the wire as he steps on it. Opening both the doors/bars up again.

Y/n ignored his question as she focused on getting the last stone. Reaching down to pick it up from the ground as she spun around to show that she had retrieved the item. "That's great, now come on. We don't have all the time in the world." Leon stepped off the  wire as he awaited for her to come back.

However, the room begun to rumble. Rocks starting to break apart and hit the ground. Leon quickly glanced over at Y/n who still hasn't come over yet. "Hurry up! This place isn't going to hold much longer!"

"A-alright." She quickly made her way back towards the wall. Only to back up real quick when the top ceiling had fallen down. Crashing through the trap door, creating a larger hole now. Which also meant there was no longer a ledge for Y/n to walk along.

"Damn it Y/n!" Leon rushed closer to the edge.
"Just jump!" Leon held his arm out for her.
"Are you crazy?!" She snapped while putting the stone into her pouch. "I won't make it!" She added. Y/n has never done any crazy jumping in her life, so she was certain there was no way in hell she'd make it over.

"Yes you will, just trust me! You'll die if you don't!" Leon narrowed his eyes at her as he noticed her body trembling.
"Y-you better catch me." She glared at him while backing up to get ready to run and jump.
She never was good at long jump either, so this would be interesting for her. At least Leon had that vile on him. That's all that mattered, so if she does die. Leon could still save the world, at least she hoped.

Y/n took a deep breath before she ran towards the edge, taking a leap as she tossed her arm out, reaching for Leon.

This was a mistake.