Chapter Three

Change of plans

Papa had a blank expression the whole drive to Westport, his mind was lost in thought. Though he soon came back to reality. "Y/n, I want to apologize for all of this."

"Why are you apologizing for something that isn't your fault?" Y/n stared at him. Papa slowed down the vehicle as he glanced at his caught, wondering if he should tell her the truth about everything he's been hiding from her. Or maybe just let her get out of this alive and flee this Country?
His hands gripped on the wheel as he looked back at the road in front of him.

"You're right, it's not my fault. It's that bastards fault!" He slammed down on the wheel in anger, Y/n flinching in response. "Papa..."

Her father sighed as he was about to confess and tell her everything about this whole situation, but life had other plans for him.
There before them, was a large monster of some sort. Red eyes glowing, and it's face almost taking the shape of a deer skull.

Y/n tilted her head, wondering why her fathers face expression went pale all of a sudden. So she followed his gaze to see what he was starring at.

"Papa, what is that?" Her eyes widened as she watched a black substance slowly roll down the creatures face, dripping to the pavement.
Father looked over at his daughter as he unbuckled her seatbelt. "I'm really sorry to do this Y/n, but I need you to get out of the car now. Don't look back and just run as fast as you can! I'll come find you after I draw this thing far away from you." Papa had the look of fear in his eyes, which made her think.

Is he sacrificing himself?

"Papa, I'm not leaving you!!" Y/n snapped as she tried putting her seatbelt back on but he stopped her. "Y/n! For once in your life time, do as I say! Run! I promise I'll come find you, and explain everything then! But please get out of here!" Papa shoved her out the door, practically falling to the ground as he looked really sad for what he just did but he had no other choices. His daughter wasn't going to listen to him at all.

"I'm sorry Y/n, for everything." Papa apologized again as he closes the passenger door shut. Glaring at the monster infront of him.

I'm sorry I couldn't save you...
He clenched the wheel tightly, also refusing to look back at his daughter.

Papa then took off in high speed, straight towards the monster. However, the monster just let him drive through. Only for it to then turn around a chase after him.

What exactly is that thing?

However, she wasn't sure what was more important right now. She's all alone in the middle of know where...well there was a town they had passed by that's not to far from where her father just left her. It's just the fact she's alone and has no clue what kind of monsters are out there.

What is she bumps into another one of those things that is chasing her father down?

Fear started to build up inside, as her body trembled on the ground.

This is no time to cry right now.

Y/n slowly stood up from the ground, wincing in pain as she glanced down at her knee. Seeing it was scrapped. She really can only hope it doesn't get infected or attract any unwanted visitors.

Her attention soon drew away from her injury, to notice a journal lying on the ground that belonged looked identical to the one her father owns...
In fact it wasn't identical, it was her fathers journal.
Slowly making her way into the road to pick the journal up from the ground. As she picked it up, a picture ended up falling out and hitting the ground. Laying face up to see an image of her mother and father standing together with a few other people.

I miss her...

Y/n knelt back down to pick up the picture that was now slightly damp from the way roads. Her eyes stayed glued to the picture for a little while longer.
Frowning as she saw how happy her mother looked while holding her as a small child. The other people she didn't know who they were, but they all wore white lab coats. Which she found sort of strange that a photo like this was kept by her father.
Y/n turned the picture over to see there was an address on it along with a small note.

"Killian, my love.
He's found out about our daughter and I'm afraid I don't have much time left to get the information needed to-" The rest of the message was smudged to an unreadable print.

What was her mother trying to tell her father?

Y/n opened up the journal to see a bunch of stuff that was going to make everything clear to her.
Seeing Dr. Keith Jungs name all written in bold red letters along with a bunch of crimes listed that he's committed. Her father had also marked page numbers down for each crime that he wrote a file on. So she flipped through them all to see all the horrific things this doctor has done.

"Testing on children?" Y/n flipped through a few pages to see photos that she wished she didn't see. It was a bunch of dead children piled up in rooms being burned as they were failed 'projects.'
Some were not ever human, but these terrible looking creatures.

Papa, just what exactly is all of this?

Y/n then saw a small note that was in the back of the journal.

"I found a way to get into the laboratory, and also how to bring down Dr. Keith and all his terrible creations. But I don't know if I will be able to fulfill this plan..."

Her father had a whole plan sketched out on how to take Dr. Keith down, even all the blueprints of the building. Y/n closed the journal as she clenched her fist into a firm squeeze as she looked back down the road her father and that monster had disappeared to.

"Papa, I know you wanted me to run away from all of this. However, I'm going to have to change my plans for now and continue your mission for you." She spoke out loud, of course knowing he wouldn't hear her.

I will save the world for you.