Nightmare

(Y/n) pov

I was awakened with a jolt. I took a deep breathe. I don't understand why my nightmares happen. Usually I don't get them. Hell I don't even remember my dreams most of the time but when I get nightmares they stay for the whole month. And they're not ones you can just shrug off. It's always a knife that's a key element to my nightmare. And trust me I have no trauma with knives so it's just really confusing.

Mom was gone. She has been disappearing ever since what had happened which is why I went back home. She doesn't acknowledge me anymore but that's ok. Not like she ever did before. I laid down and put an arm over my eyes. I sighed realizing I probably won't be able to go back to sleep. Well thank god it's the weekend.

I got up and decided to watch some Tv. It got boring real fast. I wondered what Sal was up to but rolled my eyes realizing the time. It was 330am. He was sleeping of course. Like everyone else in this building. My eyes burned but no matter how long I closed them I couldn't sleep.

It wasn't until I heard a knock on the door. I shook. Who could be here at this time? I checked the peephole and sighed in relief. It was my lovely boyfriend. I opened the door and he seemed a bit shocked. "D-did I wake you?" He whispered. I shook my head. "No I kinda woke up a couple minutes ago. Why are you up at this time?" "I couldn't sleep at all. I got curious if you were awake." I smiled softly letting him come in.

We sat on the couch. "No pigtails?" I asked. He shook his head. "Not when I'm sleeping." I smiled a bit. He's really cute. "What woke you?" Sal asked. "Those stupid nightmares again." I rolled my eyes. "You've been having those a lot recently." "I know but it's like I told you. When they start coming it doesn't leave until awhile. My mind just hates me." I scratched my head. "Is it that murder nightmare again?" I nodded.

"And we can't blame what happened to Mrs Sanderson. I've had these nightmares before. But now that I can really think about it it's more of a sword then it is a knife." We continued to think but there was nothing. "Enough about me though why can't you sleep?" He looked down. "It's just better to be awake sometimes." I looked at him worried.

He hasn't been in the best state of mind lately. "Well if there's anything you want to talk about I'm here. I'm always here for you." He nodded at me. "It's just I had this nightmare two nights ago. You, Larry, ash, and Todd. You guys all..." Sal couldn't finish it and clenched his fists. I hugged him from the side and patted his head. "It's ok. It's ok. Everything is fine. We're safe. We're all safe." I kept saying it over and over while stroking his hair. His breathing was in a panic.

Soon he calmed down and leaned against my chest. "It- it felt so real." He held onto my arm. "That's what nightmares do. They're a pain in the ass. But that's all what they are. A nightmare. A scary dream. They can't really hurt the people who are in them." I kissed the top of his head. "Have you slept ever since?" He hesitated but shook his head no. I sighed. I can't blame him though.

"Then you'll sleep here. So if you get another nightmare about us you can wake and see that I'm ok. And if you want to go see Larry, Todd, and Ash we can. We're all safe Sal. No one's going to hurt us." He just nodded. "I didn't put my eye in so I don't need a cup." "Ok." I placed him onto my lap. "Do you want me to take off your mask?" He nodded again.

I snapped off the back and placed the mask in the coffee table. "Now sleep Sal. I'm right here." I didn't need to go to sleep. I needed to make sure Sal did. He hasn't sleep in two nights. He has to today. I kept rubbing my fingers through his hair until his soft snores reached my ears. I smiled at this. I hope he gets a nice dream.

I kept watching whatever was on Tv until I leaned against the cushions and also fell asleep. For once this month I didn't have a nightmare. It wasn't a dream either just darkness. I think I'd rather have that then a nightmare so whatever is fine with me.

I woke up to the smell of waffles. When I opened my eyes Sal wasn't in my lap. I turned to see Sal at the table with a bunch of waffles and syrup. "You're finally up sleepyhead." Sal chuckled when he saw me. "Yeah yeah." I scratched my head. "Did you finally sleep?" I asked with a lot of hope. He nodded. "Yeah I didn't have a nightmare like last time." I got up and walked to the table.

"I'm happy to hear that." I smiled. "I was hungry and didn't know when you'd wake so I just made a ton of waffles for us." Sal said. "Awesome. I haven't had waffles in a long time." He chuckled. "These are in your freezer." He pointed out. "Well sometimes I want other things or I wake up when it's lunch time." He nodded still laughing. "At least now I know where to go when I have nightmares." Sal grabbed a waffle. "Me too." I smiled.

Just a couple plagued with nightmares.