Chapter 37: Kiss

"Dad!" As soon as Wei Jianwei appeared at the door, Wei Yuanhang saw him.

He Xiaoyun was putting the dishes on the table, and seeing him come back, said: "You're back, go wash your hands and eat."

As soon as she finished speaking, Xiaoyun became embarrassed in her heart. Why did it sound like they're an old couple? Originally, she wanted to ask him how was his work this morning, but she swallowed it back.

Wei Jianwei opened his mouth, "Is the market bustling?"

"It's lively, much bigger than our small county town."

Wei Yuanhang couldn't wait to chatter: "I saw so many big cars and so many people-"

"Stop. Sit down and eat." He Xiaoyun pressed the child to the chair and tied a bib in his neck to save him from scattering food everywhere.

Wei Jianwei washed his hands and sat down, "I have time in a few days, let's go for a walk together."

"Let's talk about that when you're already free, anyway, we are all free here." He Xiaoyun said.

She put a piece of meat for Wei Yuanhang. The child smelled it, and opened his mouth, "Mom's cooking is delicious."

"If you at least eat it first, I can still believe you." He Xiaoyun was amused.

"Ah ooh-" Wei Yuanhang stuffed the meat into his mouth. While chewing, he nodded his head in satisfaction, "It's really delicious, isn't it, Dad?"

"It's really good." Wei Jianwei nodded in agreement. He turned his head to her, "Thanks."

He Xiaoyun was uncomfortable to hear this. After all, what she has done is to cook, the money is still his.

She immediately diverted: "Hurry up or else the dishes will be cold."

<>

After dinner, Wei Jianwei went back to the camp. He Xiaoyun washed the dishes, and after finishing the housework, she discovered that Wei Yuanhang was lying on the bed and fell asleep at some point. No wonder there was no noise just now.

He Xiaoyun took the child to bed and settled him in, washed the clothes she changed last night, and then looked around the room and found that there was nothing to do, so she took out a book and sat down at the table to calm down and read.

Recently, she's been busy that her books have been left untouched.

When she went to the market in the morning and saw the bookstore mentioned by Wei Jianwei, which was much larger than the one in the county town, she planned to finish her current books before going to take a look.

The family area in the afternoon was very quiet. At first, Xiaoyun could hear the sound of Xu Lanxiang making Wang Derong take a nap next door. The child groaned and didn't want to sleep. After a while, there was no movement. She thought he fell asleep after being defeated by his mother.

He Xiaoyun listened to the silence and thought that situation also occurs with her little kid. She subconsciously smiled at the thought.

<>

The weather in autumn was cool and pleasant. In a blink of an eye, the small half afternoon passed, He Xiaoyun was immersed in her book, and it wasn't until Wei Yuanhang woke up that she realize that time had passed.

"Mom, I kind of miss grandma..." The child just woke up, lying on the bed and playing with his little quilt, talking with nasal sounds, "And grandpa, uncle, aunt, little uncle... "

The child counted the people in the family one by one, even Yanyan, and finally tilted his head to think about it, and added: "There's also my little sister. I don't know if my little sister has grown up."