Chapter 24: Reluctant

Li Yuegui's birthday was lively and the neighbors came to watch through the door curiously, knowing that it was the He sisters who started and gave their mother a birthday celebration. The neighbors all praised that Li Yuegui gave birth to two good daughters, which made Li Yuegui's face more radiant.

It was not until the afternoon that the two young couples took their children home.

The next morning, when Wei Yuanhang woke up, he asked his mother: "Mom, when shall we go visit Auntie's house?"

"Why?" He Xiaoyun continued to dress him, "Didn't you just meet your aunt yesterday?"

"I have an appointment with Sister Xiaohua, and I also want to lend her my building blocks to play with."

Xiaohua is the eldest daughter of He Xiaofen.

He Xiaoyun smiled: "Oh, you're not stingy with your toys this time? I will take you with me next time I go visit your aunt's house."

The child said with a serious face: "This is mom's promise."

"I know."

After breakfast, the Wei family members were busy. He Xiaoyun sat at the door while picking soybeans, and watched Wei Yuanhang not to go out of the house. Now, the sun is getting more hot, if she doesn't watch that naughty little dumpling, his smooth and delicate white skin might sunburn.

"Excuse me, Is this Wei Jianwei's house?"

An unfamiliar voice suddenly came from outside the courtyard. He Xiaoyun looked up and found that it was a man in a military uniform, his age about thirty years old.

"Yes, and you are?" She stood up.

The other party smiled heartily: "I am his comrade-in-arms, my name is Lin Yuefei."

He Xiaoyun was a little wary but hearing his introduction, she asked Wei Yuanhang to call for his father. Wei Jianwei was still in the bamboo forest so He Xiaoyun invited Lin Yuefei into the hall and poured him a bowl of tea.

"Are you old Wei's younger sister?" Lin Yuefei asked He Xioyun tentatively.

He Xiaoyun hesitated for a moment and didn't know how to answer. Whether it was "I am his wife" or "I am his lover", she was too awkward to say it.

"Mom, Dad is here!" By coincidence, Wei Yuanhang ran in from the back door. Wei Jianwei followed behind him.

Hearing the child's call, Lin Yuefei's eyes widened in surprise, and his gaze fell on He Xiaoyun again.

He had known that Old Wei was married, but when he was in the army, he never heard Wei Jianwei mention his other half. When someone occasionally made jokes about him, Jianwei never responded. So, they secretly guessed that Jianwei was married to either a tyrant or a tigress.

Who would have thought that Jianwei's wife is not only young but also looks so good? Just what kind of blessing did Jianwei have? No wonder he was hiding his wife!

Seeing Wei Jianwei's return, He Xiaoyun sighed with relief and exchanged a few polite words with Lin Yuefei before taking Wei Yuanhang away.

She entered the kitchen and hesitated if she should cook for the guests. Wang Chunhua and Feng Qiuyue happened to be away from home, so she have no one with whom she could discuss this.

While she thinking about it, Wei Jianwei walked into the kitchen.

"Why don't you entertain your comrade-in-arms?" Isn't this too negligent to leave the guest in the hall?

"It doesn't matter." Wei Jianwei said while opening a cabinet without knowing what to look for.

He Xiaoyun watched Wei Jianwei turn over things before he finally pulled out a bottle of wine, fill a plate with fried peanuts cooked by Wang Chunhua, and was about to go out.