Chapter 52: It's Ok

Most of the Wei family were dispatched, leaving only He Xiaoyun and Feng Qiuyue at home to cook, feed the pigs and watch the children.

Yesterday, Wei Jianwei dug a few spring bamboo shoots from the bamboo forest behind. The bamboo shoots of this season are sweet, crisp, and tender. Whether they are stewed or cooked, they are very good for dinner.

The two were peeling bamboo shoots in the yard. Wei Yuanhang squatted to play next to them. Suddenly, there was a cry of the little baby waking up from the room. Feng Qiuyue coaxed loudly while washing her hands and hurried back to the room.

After a while, she came out with her baby in her arms. Although the baby stopped crying, there were still tears on her eyelashes, and her cheeks were a little bit red.

He Xiaoyun smiled and said, "She looked pretty good, and she can fiercely cry."

"It's not bad," Feng Qiuyue said. "She's hungry right now. When she's hungry, she cries so fiercely. It sounds like a debt collection. Your first brother-in-law said she's small but can cry like a cannon in a battle."

"Big brother is quite good at joking." He Xiaoyun said happily.

After lunch was finished, He Xiaoyun offered to go to the field. Several people from Wei Zhenxing came up from the field and sat in the shade of the trees to eat. Wei Jianwei hadn't finished planting a row of seedlings and fell behind.

"Is there something to eat at home?" Wang Chunhua asked her.

He Xiaoyun said, "There is, all three chickens in the family lay eggs, and one of them was found by Xiaoyuan in the backyard pyre, which made him happy."

Wang Chunhua smiled and said, "It's his credit, he should eat the egg."

"Then he's going to lift his tail up to the sky(become arrogant)." He Xiaoyun shook her head and said with a smile.

As she was talking, Wei Jianwei washed his hands in the ditch and walked over.

He Xiaoyun handed him the bowl and chopsticks, watching the sweat on his forehead roll down, she asked, "Is it very hot?"

"It's okay, did you eat yet?"

"I ate at home."

The other people finished eating first, then went to rest under another bigger tree, and chatted with others by the way. Only two of them were left here.

"Would you like me to cook some mung bean soup in the afternoon?" He Xiaoyun asked him.

Although the temperature isn't very high now, it's quite hot to be under the sun all day.

Wei Jianwei shook his head, "Just drinking cold water will be fine."

In the army, he often trains with the big sun up-high in summer. This temperature is really nothing to him. Even Wang Chunhua and the others are used to going to the ground frequently.

He had a towel hanging around his neck, and he had just got wet in the ditch, so he draped it wet, and his clothes were soaked and clinging to his body.

When He Xiaoyun saw it, she couldn't help saying: "Don't be greedy for coolness, beware of colds."

Wei Jianwei lowered his head and glanced, not paying much attention, "It's okay, most of it is sweat."

"Then you should take your clothes off and let them dry. Now, the wind is quite strong and there is still the sun again, they will dry in a while."

Hearing this, Wei Jianwei looked at her with a smile in his eyes, "I'm afraid that if I'll take it off, you won't dare look at me."