Chapter 45: Good Smell

In the winter of the north, there was heavy snow but in Qingshuihe, when it was the coldest, only some white frost was sprinkled on the roof, and the water tank in the yard formed a thin layer of ice.

The Wei family received a letter from the army again, and it was sent back with a few cloth tickets, soap tickets, and sugar tickets saved by He Xiaoyun. These things are both necessities of life and very in demand. If it weren't for Wei Jianwei having a lot of share in the army, then the tickets at home and those given by the commune wouldn't be enough for the Wei family.

What was written in the letter made Wang Chunhua feel distressed since the people in the north can barely eat fresh vegetables.

Feng Qiuyue then suggested: "Mom, we can take the vegetables in the yard and dry them. We can send them to the second brother there."

Wang Chunhua thought for a while, nodded, and said, "Then it's decided, let's dry some sweet potatoes. Xiaoyuan would love them."

<>
By the time Wei Jianwei received the package from home(Qingshuihe), it was already the twelfth lunar month. At the end of his work time, he put away half of the battle plan he had read and prepared to take it back home to continue reading.

Lin Yuefei swaggered in from the door and showed off the scarf around his neck, "This is just sent by your sister-in-law. I already told her that it wasn't cold at all but she won't listen. She keeps insisting to give me this." Lin Yuefei keeps complaining, but his face was smug. It was almost like he wanted to carry a big loudspeaker with him and shout wherever he went, telling others how much his wife cares about him.

Wei Jianwei glanced at the smug man, turned his head, took the scarf from the hanger to wrap his neck, and then took out a pair of gloves and earmuffs from the drawer. Wei Jianwei put on his equipment enough to instakill Lin Yuefei, gave him a condescending stare, and then walked away. (T/N: The battle of bragging. WJ-1 LY-0)

Lin Yuefei was left to savor this silent contempt in a daze.

This three-piece equipment (which instakill someone) was prepared by He Xiaoyun. Originally, Wei Jianwei didn't wear it much. He felt that it's a little troublesome, but since Lin Yuefei wanted to brag, of course, he had to overwhelmingly win.

Back at home, Wei Jianwei opened the door, and the warm air pounced on his face.

"Dad!" Wei Yuanhang shouted.

He Xiaoyun poked her head out of the kitchen when she heard the movement, "You're back."

Wei Jianwei nodded in response, closed the door, and shut the cold wind and snow outside.

"Dad, what's in your hand?" The child dropped the toy in his hand and surrounded him curiously.

"Is it from home(Qingshuihe)?" He Xiaoyun wiped her hands and walked out from the kitchen.

Wei Jianwei hung his coat on the hanger and nodded, "It just arrived this afternoon."

He Xiaoyun opened the package and wowed in surprise, "It's dried vegetables, and there are a lot of dried sweet potatoes." When Wei Yuanhang heard this, he immediately leaned over the table and said, "Mom, I want to eat the dried sweet potatoes!"

He Xiaoyun gave the child two pieces and sent him away, and then proceed to read the letter with Wei Jianwei. The man stood behind her with one hand around her waist and the other holding her hand holding the letter一she's basically in his embrace.

"Why stand so close..." He Xiaoyun murmured but didn't push him away.

Nothing big happened in the family. Since Wei Jianhua doesn't want to enter the factory, Wang Chunhua has other ideas and plans to give him a blind date, get married, and establish a business. This is also something that gives Wei Jianhua a headache.