Chapter 36: Settling Down

The journey was tiring but He Xiaoyun slept peacefully tonight. When she woke up, it was already bright, and the light came in through the small window near the corridor.

He Xiaoyun sat up while holding the quilt, after a few seconds of dazing, her consciousness gradually returned to normal, remembering where she was now.

Xiaoyun looked at the person next to her, Wei Yuanhang was still asleep, and Wei Jianwei had already gotten up and wasn't in the room.

The door creaked and Wei Jianwei walked in. He had finished dressing, and he was holding hot water in one hand and two lunchboxes in the other.

He Xiaoyun was now completely awake, and quickly got up to clean up herself, "Is it very late?"

"It's not too late." Wei Jianwei answered.

In fact, after getting up in the morning, he had already gone to the camp to see how the new recruits were performing exercises. Then he had gone to the army canteen and came back with breakfast.

He Xiaoyun dug Wei Yuanhang out of the bed, she washed and dressed him, while Wei Jianwei laid out the breakfast he had brought back.

The child was still a little confused, without opening his eyes, he said to his mother: "Mom, I dreamt that we're going to find Dad..."

He Xiaoyun was amused, "We have found your Dad, are you still asleep?"

After washing his face, Wei Yuanhang woke up completely, hopping back and forth in his new "home". Taking a look here and there

For breakfast, they have white porridge and corn steamed buns with a few pickles.

He Xiaoyun learned about things last night. The bathroom here is shared. There's also a kitchen outside that can be used by everyone.

He Xiaoyun calculated that they had to cook food by themselves at noon.

"Is there a market nearby?" She asked Wei Jianwei.

"Yes," Wei Jianwei nodded, he stood up and took out a few things from the drawer, and gave it to her. The things included the account book, various tickets, and money, "The sister who came last night will accompany you later, I have something to do in the camp in the morning."

"You're busy with your matters, don't worry about me." He Xiaoyun flipped through the account book curiously, then remembered something and asked: "Is the sister you mentioned last night that sister?"

"Yes, her surname is Xu."

He Xiaoyun hurriedly said: "Oh, then I have to hurry up, I can't let other people wait for too long."

As soon as her voice fell, someone knocked on the door outside, "Sister, are you up?"

Wei Jianwei went to open the door, and He Xiaoyun also stood up.

"Old Wei is here? I thought you were in the camp and wanted to call your family to go to my place for breakfast."

The woman who came was about 30 years old, with short hair and a full smile. She looked very capable. She saw He Xiaoyun standing at the table, she walked a few steps and praised her at a glance.

"This is your wife, right? She looks so beautiful! No wonder Old Wei devoted himself to business affairs and didn't even look at the beauties here. It turns out that there is such a beautiful wife in the family!"

He Xiaoyun smiled shyly, "Thanking sister Xu for the compliments. I came too late yesterday and didn't come to visit. I had eaten your meal for nothing."

"What are you so polite?" Xu Lanxiang waved her hand. "Your old Wei, Lao Wang, and Lao Lin are all brothers. In the future, our two families will live together, so why don't we get closer? You've just arrived here, If there is anything you don't understand, just ask me."