Chapter 14: Feeding Him

The rice in the field isn't even finished after planting the seedlings. The growth of the seedlings requires a lot of water, they often need to be flooded, and sometimes they have to be watched all night. The first team was assigned the task of looking at the fields for each family. After dinner, that day, the head of the family Wei Zhenxing and his eldest son Wei Jianguo went to Tiantou.

After dinner and at home, the sky was still very bright. Many people sat at the shades in the courtyard and chat, they will sometimes visit a neighbor's house.

Yesterday, Wang Chunhua wanted to replace the bamboo bed at home. She lay on it for a nap at noon in the summer or sat on it to enjoy the cool in the evening. But after the fall and winter, one leg of the bamboo bed was rotted by bugs. The wood is empty, even if there are three good legs left, it's not enough.

Wei Jianwei went to chop a Moso bamboo today, preparing to replace the bamboo bed with a new leg.

While he worked, He Xiaoyun was chatting with both Wang Chunhua and Feng Qiuyue, while Wei Yuanhang rushed to the yard.

"Xiaoyun, I heard that your uncle's family wants a daughter-in-law?" Feng Qiuyue asked so suddenly. He Xiaoyun remembered that her mother had mentioned it the last time she went home but she almost forgot. She couldn't help but be curious: "Sister-in-law knows?

Wang Chunhua asked: "Could it be... the girl from the commune over Qiuyue?"

Feng Qiuyue smiled: "Mom is right at the first guess. It's near my home and she has the same surname as mine. If you count it seriously, she's still a relative. Her family knows about my relationship with Xiaoyun, so they ask me about your uncle's condition."

These years, blind dates are very wary. Not only does the man has to inquire about the woman, but the woman has also needed to understand the man's family background, character, and relatives clearly. After all, girls value fame more. If the date falls twice, it won't sound pretty if it's spread outside.

He Xiaoyun nodded, knowing that Feng Qiuyue wanted to inquire from her, so she thought about it, and said, "I won't be polite to my sister-in-law then. The situation of my uncle's family isn't very good but he isn't poor. The family affairs are usually controlled by my aunt. My aunt is good, she has a knife-mouthed but tofu heart and is very protective of her own. Once, dad quarreled with my mom. My aunt gave him a shot and scolded dad face to face. Later, he hid when she saw her. She also had said long ago that if she would have a daughter-in-law in the future. If ever her son quarreled with her daughter-in-law, she would beat the son first!"

Feng Qiuyue and Wang Chunhua couldn't help laughing when they heard this.

"But," He Xiaoyun said, "I didn't play much with my cousin when I was young. I didn't know much about his character but I knew he didn't talk much."

Wang Chunhua conveniently said: "It's okay to talk less, just be diligent. If a boy talks a lot, it's really...just like Jianhua, he really makes my head ache when I get home."

"Mom is worried again, the third brother isn't even at home." He Xiaoyun smiled. Wang Chunhua also laughed, "What parents don't worry about their children? If Xiaoyuan isn't in front of you for a while, I think you will worry too."

Wei Yuanhang, who was playing beside them heard his name and ran over, "What did grandma tell me to do?"

Wang Chunhua hugged him to her lap, "I said your mother would be worried when she sees you out to play."

After listening to Wang Chunhua, Wei Yuanhang thought about it for a while and looked at He Xiaoyun, "Next time I will take mother to play together!"

The three adults all smiled.