Fifty Six

-Fresh Out the Slammer-

-now pretty baby-

-i'm running back home to you-

It seemed that everything was going wrong, all at once.

After Harry had acquired Slughorn's memory of Voldemort, now revealing how he's been able to survive all this time with the use of Horcrux's, Harry thought his life would get a little easier. The diary had been destroyed, as well as the Marvelo Ring, and they knew that the Cup of Helga Hufflepuff was a strong contender as well. So, things should've been a little easier.

It was not.

Bria had been acting strange with Harry ever since he had taken the Felix Felicis and embarrassingly kissed her passionately in front of Ron and Hermione.

Harry, for all his efforts, tried to go about the situation differently every time. At first, he wanted to talk to her about it. How the Felix Felicis gave him the confidence and how he kissed her because luck was on his side that day and apparently his subconscious had wanted a kiss from Bria. But every time he tried to get her in private to talk, she would make excuses and dart away.

So then, Harry tried to be kinder to her. He was patient, trying hard not to be short-tempered, attentive by asking her about her artwork or what has she been baking in the kitchens as of late, and even asked about her Ravenclaw friends.

All she would do was get flustered or give short responses, and Harry just wishes that things were back to normal between the two of them.

So Harry did what he thought she had wanted; by acting completely the same around her as if nothing had ever happened.

She didn't like this either, and had begun snapping at him or leaving him at the table whenever the opportunity presented itself. Ron, who had finally been dumped by Lavender, and Hermione, who was incredibly grateful for it happening, had somehow become the stable and reasonable ones in the friendship.

The would watch Harry and Bria like a quidditch match, their eyes bouncing back and forth between the two and they increasingly began to lose their patience with one another.

Honestly, what did she want from him?

He knew it was stupid; he had been obsessing over Malfoy for weeks with no reason too, at least no reason that Hermione liked. But Katie Bell had finally returned to Hogwarts after months at St. Mungo's, and Harry was tired of everyone acting like he was crazy for thinking Malfoy was behind it all. He knew Malfoy is behind it. That's why he had to follow him.

He knew it was stupid; Hermione had been warning him for weeks about the danger of the Prince's book. She had been spouting in his ear, going on and on that he can't trust everything in the book, that it was dangerous for him to use those spells the Prince had written.

But he wanted Malfoy to pay. He wanted him to suffer, for the suffering he cause to Katie, for potential poisoning of Dumbledore and the eventual poisoning of Ron, for endangering everyone with who knows what he's been planning this whole year.

Malfoy will only bring destruction to Hogwarts. So really, it only made sense for him to use Sectumsempra, for him to quell his curiosity and for Malfoy to get what he deserved.

But he didn't want Malfoy to die. Harry didn't mean for it to go that far.

Malfoy's blood was seeping onto the floor, mixing with the water and spreading across the whole room. He could feel Malfoy's haggard breathing from underneath his hands as Harry tried to helplessly stop the bleeding.