Off the radar

Clint watched in silence from his corner perch in the Stark tower common room. The rest of the avengers were talking and laughing and partying away near the centre of the room, all of them happy, all of them oblivious to the man crouched in the corner. But Clint didn't mind that they weren't paying any mind to him, heck he was almost happy they were leaving him alone, he was not one for people or parties.

He looked the people over again, this time making a mental list of them. Captain Steve Rogers- WWII veteran, super serum soldier and America hero. Bruce Banner 'the hulk'- brilliant scientist, can turn into a giant green smashing machine. Tony Stark ' Iron Man'- Billionaire, scientist, playboy, philanthropist, has suit of armor that can make him fly. Thor- A freaking God! Natasha- Master assassin, trained by professional killers. They were all so powerful.

Then he looked at himself, Clint Barton 'Hawkeye'- orphan, raised in a circus, learned how to shoot from an old carnie, fought with a weapon from the stone age , 80% deaf in both ears, wasn't good with people , the list went on and on.

This wasn't where he belonged, these people were superheroes for God's sake! He was a scrawny kid with a stick and a string.

He remembered the list of people he helped Loki kill during the battle of New York. Natasha was hurt during the battle, because of him. Countless shield agents that died because he was too weak to fight off Loki. Coulson died because of him.

Out of it all the nightmares hurt the most, seeing countless bodies laying at his feet, hearing the other avengers tell him it was his fault. That he was weak, useless and shouldn't be apart of their team. It had gotten so bad that Clint had stopped sleeping, only sleeping when he collapsed from exhaustion.

Clint pulled his knees closer to his head and thought about the things he had heard over the last couple months, little bites and points at him. People shying away from in the halls, agents switching to other teams because they didn't feel comfortable with him. But out of everything one conversation stayed stuck in his mind.
He had been hiding in the vents at the time, trying to avoid sleeping, when he heard Tony chatting with Steve...about him.
"He doesn't seem right."

"Who?"

"Barton, I feel like he's hiding things from us. I mean I guess he's an okay guy, but I don't know if I can trust him as far as I can throw him."

"You're right, after what happened with Loki and how closed off he is,I don't trust him either."

"All he does is sit in his perch and fire arrows, he never fights anything head-on. I feel like he's just gonna shoot us in the back one day."

"How did he even become an Avenger anyway?"

Clint didn't need to hear anymore, he already knew they didn't trust him. That he didn't belong here. He pulled out his shield issued hearing aids and left them in the vent. He wouldn't need them anyway, no one was going to talk to him. He was the evil one, the weak one . If they did try to talk to him he would read their lips and get them away from him as quickly as possible.

Resting his head on his knees he realized that he needed off. Not just out of the avengers, but off the radar so no one could ever find him again. It would be better that way, no one could get hurt if he was out of the picture. Hitting a realization he climbed soundlessly into the vents to find what he needed to get off the radar.

----- Thanks for reading! The next part may be up soon.