Chapter Twenty Three

Lucifer looked at me with a grave expression. I sighed in annoyance.

I had a feeling this wasn't going to be good news.

I mean, why else would the all mighty devil himself be so stiff and tense about it. I looked Lucifer over and noticed something. For the first time since I've lived here, Lucifer actually looked like an old man.

His skin looked shriveled and wrinkled. There were huge black bags under his eyes, his clothes were sloppy. Even his hair was graying!

Something was seriously bugging him. And that scared me. What was so bad and so horrible that the devil couldn't even speak straight?

"What's going on?" I asked again.

"It's my..my..my" He stammered.

Lucifer's hand began to shake. "Your what? Luci, please, what is it?"

Lucifer shook his head as if he couldn't believe it. His eyes were spark-less.

"Luci?" I asked.

"My wife.." he muttered.

His wife?

I thought she was dead.

I mean, no one ever talks about her so I just assumed that she had died. Was there something wrong with her? Was she ill? Had she been kidnapped? Were some rebels holding her hostage? Oh my god, what if she was murdered? That would just kill the guys.

I felt my heart sink as these thoughts played in my head. I walked over to Lucifer and grabbed his hands. I looked him deep in his eyes.

"I promise you, I'll find her. Is she's been kidnapped and held hostage, I'll bring her home to you. Or if she was murdered, I'll find her killers, and put them through a slow and painful death. I swear it." I said, as i began to walk away.

Lucifer's grip suddenly gained new life as he held me back. "No! It would be so much better if she were dead!"

I felt confusion hit me head on. What? Lucifer wanted his wife dead?

"Excuse me?"

"My wife. She's..she's.."

"She's what?"

What could be worse than his wife being dead? Or missing?

"She's coming for a visit."

If this were an anime, I would have fell to the floor. Is this man serious? He's cowering and quivering in fear just because..his wife is coming for a visit? What was so wrong with that? Was she some sort of evil ogre or something?

"Close enough." Lucifer said.

"Well, what's the problem then?"

"You don't know my wife, Kry. She's the worst. She constantly nags about everything. The entire house will have to be clean. If she sees even one speck of dust, she''ll go on a bitch fit. She's horrible!" Lucifer ranted.

i sighed and shook my head.

"Luci, it's fine. I'll take care of it. Just relax."

Lucifer sighed dramatically as I walked out his den. I walked towards the training hall. Now it was time to be tortured by my so called, friend. I shook my head. Is this really why Emma has been doubling my training shifts?

.:Later On~Damion's Room:.

Damion groaned as I rolled over. I was so exhausted. Emma had seriously worked me hard. She keep charging and using different spells. My whole body felt like it was on fire. Damion's touch only made it worse.

I turned on my side and looked into his beautiful purple eyes. Damion held so much love in them. I felt my heart accelerate as he caressed my cheek. Damion leaned closer and placed a gentle kiss on my lips. I smiled into the kiss.

"So what did my dad want?"

"He said your mom was coming for a visit." I mumbled, as I snuggled into him.

I felt his entire body stiffen. I looked up and cocked an eyebrow at him. "Is you mom really that bad?"

"Dad told you?"

"Yeah, should I be worried?" I asked.

"I would. Mom isn't exactly the nicest person to meet. She's cruel and has a bad mouth. She was totally against the engagement."

I chuckled. "I bet she'll be ecstatic to meet me then."

Damion gave a quiet laugh. "Perhaps."

Things remained silent for a while. Both of us in our own thoughts. Damion was subconsciously playing wit my hair as I rubbed circles on his chest.

"When was she coming?"

"No idea." I mumbled as I felt sleep forming.

Damion chuckled and kissed the top of my head. "Sleep, my love."

I snuggled closer into Damion, slowly leaving our world behind.