Chapter Eighteen

Beep

Beep

I groaned as my head began to ache. It felt as if the room were spinning. I shut my eyes tight. I heard movement, like a shuffling sound.

My eyes snapped opened. I was temporarily blinded by the bright light. I groaned as the noise grew louder. Where the hell was that beeping coming from?

I felt someone grab my hand and I flinched. Their skin was ice cold. There was only one person I knew who had that sort of body temperature. Only one small red headed boy.

Neo.

I looked to my right ad smiled. Neo was standing beside with tears in his eyes. He gave me a wet smile. I chuckled at how adorable he looked. I squeezed his hand. Neo perked up.

"Kry! You're okay. Thank Satan. Are you okay? Does anything hurt?" Neo ranted.

"I...I'm fine. Where's Damion?" I asked.

"He's right there." Neo pointed to the other side of my bed. I turned and saw Damion sleeping peacefully. "He never leaves."

"What about reaping?"

"He doesn't go. He told Dad you were more important. Lucas does it now." Neo said.

"Neo?" I breathe.

"Yea?"

I turned to look at him, shakily. "How long have I been out?"

"About 3 months."

.:A week later; Satan's Castle:.

I was laying on my bed reading, when Damion walked in. He sat beside me. I sighed and shook my head. It turns out that Cole had shot my near my heart. He was trying to aim for Damion, but the bullet chased me.

The doctors had told Damion and Kegan that it was a touch and go situation. The entire time I was fighting for my life, Damion was at my side. Lucas offered to take over Damion's job till I was 100% better.

I sighed again. Damion looked at me. I rolled my eyes and shut my book. As sweet as it was that he was worried, it was starting to get annoying.

All he did was sit beside me. He waited on me hand and foot. It was so friggin' annoying! And you know the worst part, Damion wasn't even doing it out of love.

He pitted me.

Heh, talk about pouring salt into an opened wound. I rolled my eyes at him.

"What's wrong, Krystal?" He asked.

My heart stung. "Nothing"

"You're lying."

"No I'm not. Butt out." I growled.

"But--"

"No buts, forget it, Damion! It's not important!" I screamed.

Damion looked at me, shocked. I growled as I got my book. I got up and marched out my room. I went down to the dungeon and sighed. I heard bickering. I chuckled as I came closer to their cell. Kegan smirked as he saw me. I rolled my eyes.

Life was so not fair.