Two Gods Home Alone

I am slowly waking up from my sleep on the guest bed at Sam Wilson's house. We headed straight to him after we got the suit. I must have fallen asleep during the car ride because I can't remember how I ended up in bed. That means that Loki and I are home alone since the others must be on a mission to capture Sitwell. Steve insisted that we stay here, not that we cause any drama when they try to sneak Jasper Sitwell as their hostage. After all, Loki is still prominent in the media for being the attacker of New York.

Feeling still drained, I decide to take a shower. I walk to the bathroom that's attached to the bedroom I'm staying in. Carefully, I take off my clothes and hop into the shower. The hot water relaxes my tense muscles and I wash off all the dirt in my hair. I haven't showered since we battled on Svartalfheim and I felt rather disgusted by myself. After my long-deserved shower, I step out and wrap the towel around my body. My hair still damp, hanging loose down my shoulder, I exit the bathroom.

As I open the door and cross the threshold, I bump into Loki. I try to hold on to the towel from falling and I mutter: "Sometimes, I have the impression you do like to step in my way."

He looks at me and notices the towel is slipping. For a brief moment, he looks away but the way he holds in a smile, he had a better idea in mind. His green eyes sparkle as he smirks and catches my towel in his strong grasp of his, pulling it up. I blush at the situation. And he... smiles... genuinely. That's something out of character for a person like him.

"Do you need help?"

I'm taken aback by his kind voice. I narrow my eyes and tease: "What, already missing my naked body, pretty boy?"

He chuckles and shakes his head. "I do have the impression that I make you flustered, princess. So am I or are you missing something?"

My cheeks heat up again and I clear my throat. Snapping my fingers, I try to conjure some fresh clothes but I forgot that I have my power dampeners on. Loki then waves his hand and the emerald shimmer covers my body and leaves me in some casual clothing. Like black baggy pants and a forest green top. Even my hair is tidied up by him.

"Thank you, Loki. But I could have done my hair by myself, though."

He smirks down at me. "Oh? Do you want me to undo that?"

"No! I'm fine. Thanks." I say hysterically and walk to the living room.

He chuckles amused. "Very well, princess."

A chill runs down my spine as he emphasized the last words. "Is there any chance of stopping you from calling me like that?", I ask almost with a bit too much hope in it.

The small laugh is back again alongside the teasing smirk. "Princess?"

I blush again and roll my eyes to hide my embarrassment. Why the hell is my body responding in this way?

He lets out a brief chuckle as if he has directly figured out what I'm thinking and that makes me gulp. Especially when he starts to lean a little closer and in a husky whisper he says: "Oh, that was my purpose, princess." His smirk is almost predatory and I have the feeling that he can sense my racing heart.

"Stop it." I whimper and shut my eyes in annoyance. Hating to admit that he has control over me.

"Stop what, princess?"

"Calling me like that!"

"What if I don't?"

I open my eyes and think for a moment about how to counter him back. "Then... I'm not going to stop calling you pretty boy."

I tease back almost too proudly that I came up with that. He laughs and seems to enjoy the joke, it was after all a good comeback.

"Well played." He pauses and licks his lips to hide that he lost the upper hand around me now. "Why do you keep calling me pretty boy?" His eyebrows quirk up.

I purse my lips as if he just caught my lie. Me denying all these feelings.

"It's the best I've got in mind." I shrug my shoulders as if it's nothing.

He smirks again. "Why can you not think of better nicknames for me?"

I think for another minute and then smile amused. Oh, he won't like this at all.

"Of course, pretty boy. Frosty suits you better anyways."

He rolls his eyes and his cheeks are slightly pink. I hit a nerve. Oops.

"You are mocking me." His voice sounds more serious now, all the playfulness from before gone.

I sit on the couch and raise my brows at him. "You started it first, or not?"

He considers my words and sits defeatedly next to me. "Touché, princess."

Standing back up, I roll my eyes and get to the kitchen cabinets. Opening all the doors to find something interesting and as soon as my eyes landed on some liquor bottles, I smiled. I take the two bottles with two glasses and set them up on the coffee table. Loki looks at me with narrowed eyes as I pour some whiskey into our glasses. I grab them both, sit back on the couch and hand him one of the glasses.

"Do you have a high tolerance for the alcohol even with those?", he asks me slightly worried, and points to my bracelets. I shrug my shoulders because I don't know. "I do not think this is the best idea when your body is trying to regenerate."

I scoff and provocatively down the whole glass. "And you should know me by now that I don't give a fuck about anything. I do what I want, whenever I want, and so on." I pour another glass of whiskey. "Let's play a game."

His emerald gems light up at the last word. "I'm listening."

"Are you familiar with the game Truth or Dare?"

"Vaguely." He responds and takes a sip of his drink. "I know the truth you ask the question and the opponent has to answer truthfully. As for dare you need to do what your opponent expects from you."

"Exactly but you can always dodge a question or a dare by taking a shot. So, wanna play?"

I wiggle with my eyebrows and wait for his reply.

"Ladies first."