chapter 21

Dash's POV

Knock ! knock!

"Come in" I said lying in bed flipping through a magazine. In came, Demi the nurse. "Hey Dash how you feeling?"

"Actually, horrible. I don't know who everyone is , especially that girl that left yesterday crying. She's been in my dream lately" I admitted. Demi seemed shock by my sudden out burst.

"I can tell there was something more then that" she whispered to herself. "What did you say?" I asked. She shook her head, "Nothing, I'll check back on you later Dash" I nodded as she closed my room.

I sighed and got up from my bed. Mind as well try to get some of my memories back. I opened my drawer only to find my clothes, shoes, nothing special.

I opened my drawer right next to my drawer , not expecting to find that. It was a picture taken exactly 2 months ago. It was me hugging the girl that ran out of my room yesterday, Zoey. I was grinning at the camera and she was blushing with a shy smile.

'Zoey...' I thought looking at the picture. Dammit , this girl, who is she?

Zoey's POV

I expected it the room to be small and plain but hell I was in for a big suprise. The room was all grey and papers were scatter about. There was also letters with dates marked on the envelope in bold. I walked in and there was many letters taped to the wall that had dates on them.

Did he plan this all out?

I forced myself to where the letter was. It was yesterday's day written on it. I opened it slowly:

Zoey, my nurse and love:

By the time you read this, it's all ready to late. 'Too late for what?' You may ask yourself. I'm writing to tell you my illness I carried for 16 years straight. I have a weak heart causing my body to go into shock, each time I have a attack like this, my body breaks down and I don't know when I will die. Who knows. By the you have read this, I'm probably dead or...forgotten all about you.

Also, one thing about my illness, I tend to not tell anyone or get close to anyone because I cause them pain when they look at me and know me, while me on the other hand, no nothing at all about them. That's why my family left me, they can't stand it anymore.

I gave you the card key for a reason. This was my room my mom and dad gave me before I turned 11. They said even though I can't live here, I can at least put things in here. I'm putting letters I written to you 4 months ago. That's about 120 letters. I want you to read one each day, how I changed when I met you. When you have time, you should write back. Maybe God would let down a miracle on me.

This is maybe the 4th time this happened. Remember that time I kissed you? I liked you back then. I wanted to tell you something too before but I'll probably don't remember. I liked you back then, I fell for you in a matter of 2 months and one thing,

I love you Zoey.

That's what I wanted to say all this time. Even if I can't remember, there will always be a part in my heart that will always, always love you. You're the first and last nurse I will ever accept. God has given me a gift, that was you.

Good bye Zoey,

-You're patient, Dash

That was the last word written. I fell on the floor crying, sobbing hard. "Why? Why you?! What have you done to deserve this?!" I choked out. Why must he be born with this? Why did I have to meet him...if I would be hurt? 4 months was all it took for me to fall in love with you too Dash, 2 seconds for you to forget everything.

I won't be anything more to him then just a nurse. The end. It was over...the 4 months we were together.

I pulled myself up and looked at the room. It was covered in letters of all kinds. Some of the letter was plain while other was decorated. It was beautiful. 'Read each one each day and write back' I thought. I needed to. I promise him.

I clutched the letter in my hand and looked at the floor as I was going out of the room. I bumped into someone and actually fell on the floor from the impact.

"Oh I'm sorry I wasn't-" I stopped talking when I looked up. It couldn't be...

"Dash?"