chapter 15

- Zoey's POV, 2 days later...

"So you quit?" Kristen asked with wide eyes. "Yeah Dash doesn't want my help. I want to help him but he doesn't want anyone to help. I tried to be there and then he goes talking about he's going to die and he doesn't even think about the fact that we're trying to help!" I slam my locker shut.

"Poor guy, after you left Demi was trying to get Dash to eat but he didn't want to. In fact after you left he didn't want to do anything but stay in that dark room of his" she said.

I felt guilty that I left but it was his fault. "Well I'm going home, call me after your work okay?"she nodded . "But what are you going to do about that trip?" she asked.

I sigh, "I really don't know" I walked home slowly, the cloud were gray and dark, it seemed as sad as what I was what I was feeling inside.

"I'm home" I mumbled setting my book bag on the floor. "Oh perfect timing Zoey! There's someone in the hospital, Demi, is looking for you" my mom held the phone to me.

"Thanks" I took the phone. "Hello?"

"Zoey! Thank God you picked up" she sighed at the other lined and she seemed to be in a panic. "What happen?" I said.

"It's Dash" My heart sank. If anything happens to him, I don't know how to deal with it.

"What happen to Dash?!" I yelled. My mom got out of the kitchen to look at me curiously.

"It's bad, really bad. Ever since you left Dash won't do anything. He won't talk, eat his medicine, listen to us, he won't get up from bed and we're back to force feeding him" she said

in a panic.

"Oh my God and this is after I left?" I said, my voice shaky. What have I done? "Yes, this is the first time he's acting like this. Usually he would love it if his nurse leave but after you left he's doing nothing, he wants to die!" she said and I held back my tears (again). Jeez after I worked there with Dash as my patient, I've been crying alot lately.

"That's not the worse part" she whispered. I didn't say anything, begging her to go on and say what's worse.

"He...he cut himself in the wrist rather deeply. He was so close of dying from his lose of blood! But luckily I came in time. When we asked him why he did that he didn't answer he said he'd keep doing it until he dies! And he's going to keep trying until he dies but he's requesting one thing."

"What? I feel it's my fault what ever it is I'll get it" I quickly said.

"I think when he gets this he'll be back to normal" she reassure herself.

"Demi what does he want?" I asked firmly.

"He wants you back Zoey or else he's ending his life ."