chapter 7

Zoey's POV

"I’m so bored after school without you!" Kristen whined. I rolled my eyes putting my scrub . "Then why don’t you help? You know volunteer the hospital could use more nurses" I mumbled. She thought for a second, like she was reconsidering.

"All right!" she said all of a sudden. "You’re kidding right? You can’t even help your 3 year old brother put on pants!" I said. She rolled her eyes, "That’s why I don't have a baby sister…duh" she followed me to the hospital.

"Oh Zoey so glad to see you and you’re friend!" Demi gave me a warm smile. "Thanks, you seem to be in a cheerful mood" I observed. "Yeah I am thanks. Because of your cookies, Dash is actually eating!" she said.

"How is that a good thing? Doesn’t he eat?" I asked. "No not really. He usually would starve himself and we have to force feed him" she explained. Oh, ouch.

"Oh" I was speechless. "Well, this is Kristen, is it okay if she volunteers to work here also?" I asked. She smiled even more, "Of course! We need more people any ways, come this way Kristen so I can get you a scrub and show you around the hospital and your patient."

I winked at her and walked off to find Dash’s room. I knocked on his door only to find it all ready opened.

"Dash?" I asked opening the door. I widened my eyes when I was him smoking with the window wide open. "What are you doing?!" I hissed. "Uh...Smoking?" he said not bothering to cover the fact that he’s smoking right in front of me.

I took the cigarette out of his hand and flushed it in the toilet. "Is there a rule saying there’s no smoking?!" I yelled. "Yeah and you think I’ll listen?" he lean against the wall.

Good point. I sighed. "Well you wanna get something to eat?" ‘Cause I don’t want a tube in you’ I thought. "No thank you, I ate your cookies and I’m still sick from it" he grinned at me.

I groaned and grabbed his hand, "Oh come on!" he pulled me back, "No thank you" he laid on the bed. "But I want to help you" I said.

"You want to help me?" he asked. I nodded, "Oh course!" I determined. "All right then get me some more cigarette" he said. I froze for a second, "What?! NO! You can’t smoke here!" I now thought about where he hides his other cigarettes.

He rolled his eyes, "Then you’re no help" he stated. I growled, "Well getting you lunch from the cafeteria. What do you want to eat?"

"Didn’t Demi tell you anything or are you deaf? I don’t eat" he said. I looked at him confused, "But didn’t you eat the cookies I made for you yesterday?"

He didn't say anything, let alone look at me for a few seconds. I put my hands on my hips. " Thought so" I said more to myself. I opened the door for him. "Let's go get lunch together. Plus I want to see how Kristen's holding up from her patient. I think his name was Lucan."

He finally got up the bed. "All right I'll go" I blinked at him, this was so not him. "You're...going?" I said looking at him like he's crazy. "Yes I'm going unless you want me to stay" he grinned at me. I rolled my eyes and led him down stairs.

Inside the hospital lunch room, it was really empty. There was only about 10 people in total including Kristen and Lucas. "Oh hey Zoey and hello Dash" Kristen smiled at me and Dash who was starting to wonder off.

I grab him by the back of his shirt. "Trying to kill me all ready?" he joked. I rolled my eyes. "Hey Kristen and Lucas how's your lunch."

"Good" Lucas said simply and turned to Kristen. "Could we go out later for a walk or something?" Kristen smiled at him and I swore she blushed, "Sure what ever you want!"

O-kay...

"We'll if you don't mind me and my nurse will get lunch" Dash said walking off. I followed close behind him. We passed through the fruit section, meat, drinks, etc but he didn't want anything there.

"Well what do you want to eat?" I offered. "Nothing" he replied. I raised my eye brows at him. "Well my mom made me some made sandwiched I guess I can share wait here" I pointed at the floor to show my point.

With that said I dashed off to the main hospital room where my stuff was kept. "Oh Zoey glad to see you!" I turned to see Demi. "Hi sorry I was getting lunch and Dash stubborn as ever won't pick something to eat so I'm thinking of sharing my homemade sandwiches if that's okay."

"More then okay! Keep up your work Zoey" she winked at me and walked away. 'My good work?' I thought. I shrugged it off and preceded to walk to the lunch room with my sandwiches in my bag.

I got to the lunch room and not to my suprise, Dash was gone...again. "Kristen do you know where Dash is?" I growled.

"I saw him leave to the yard a couple of minutes ago" she said throwing away her lunch. I nodded, "Thanks catch you later!" With that said I ran out to find my lost patient though my patience on him is lost.