chapter 5

Zoey’s POV

"All right cookies! Can I have one?!" Kristen said eyeing the cookies in my hands. "No way these are the people at the hospital!" I said shooing her. "Cookies?" I turned to see Jon. I groaned and he chuckles.

"I really need to get going" I slam my lockers and started to leave the school only to find Kristen blocking me. "If you don’t give me a cookie I’ll force you to give me it" she growled. I sigh, and give her one.

She laughed and let me go. I rolled my eyes and walked to the hospital. I stopped at the garden next to the hospital. Again, I saw the child I saw yesterday sitting by herself, looking lonely.

I looked at her and then walked over to her. She looked at me and then looked away, shy. I smiled at her and handed her a cookie. "My name’s Zoey" I offered. She took it and smiled at me, "I’m Rebecca."

"Well I’ll see you later Rebecca" she nodded and giggled. I walked back inside to see Dash looking at the child from the window. ‘Did he watch me?’ I thought. He looked at me for a second and I ignored him.

I handed Demi a cookie, "Here my mom and I made these yesterday." She looked at me and smile, "Thanks Zoey."

"You’re welcome, if you don’t mind is it okay if I go hand these out to some of the child here?" I asked. She nodded, "I don’t see why not."

I walked pass Dash and down the hall. He was again not wearing the hospital clothes but rather a plain grey t shirt and jeans. He stared at me for a second before turning away. I could hear Demi laughing at Dash from the back.

Why?

Dash’s POV

"Zoey just ignored you" Demi said laughing at me. "Shut up" I mumbled. "This could be the best nurse so far" she said ignoring my shut up. She ate her cookie and then smirked, "Too bad you can’t eat it what a shame. The hospital barely gives them out and it was your favorite." I growled and walked to my room.

"I’ve never ate since I was 10, it’s 6 years without eating, I’ll survive with the force feeding" I said loud enough for her to hear.

I passed all the children running around the hospital and my best friend since I got here, Lucas. He has leukemia that had been worsening recently. Not that he minds, he doesn’t have any parents or cousin. They all died.

He smiled at me, "What’s up?" he asked. I shrug, "My new nurse is passing out cookies to people from room 1 to 400 or so. Lucky you" I chuckle when I saw that he already had the cookie next to his table. "How old is she anyways?" I rolled my eyes; "She’s freaking 15" I walked down the hall and into my room.

I paused for a second when I noticed my door was open. I opened it to see my nurse, sitting on my bed, arms crossed looking at me.

What...the hell is she doing in my room?

vote or comment <3