chapter 20

Zoey's POV

          I stared at Dash, shocked and also taken back. There was another knock and it was Demi. She gave me a sad nod, "As you see, Dash can't remember who you are, who I am from that matter. He lost half his life time's memory."

            I stared at Dash, he seemed to be staring back clearly confused. "You really don't know who am I Dash? Nothing at all?" I whispered and more tears fell. I grab the pass card he gave me that was in my pocket.

            'When it's time I want you to go to this address and look at my room' his voice rang in my head. Dash seemed to be taken back by my crying but didn't say anything for a moment, "I'm really sorry but no. Why do you know me?" he looked at me curiously.

            "I did, I...I'm you nurse, Zoey" I said sadly. That's going to be the only thing between us now that he lost all his memory. "You're my nurse? That's it? But, you're crying for me, rather more sad then a nurse would. It seems you seem to be more to me then a nurse" he observe.

            I choked up a laugh. "I wish there was" I said sadly before taking the card pass he gave me tightly. "Zoey where are you going?" Demi said.

            "I need to do something I promise Dash before he lost his memory" I looked back at Dash one more time and whispered so softly, Demi didn't even hear, "I love you" before dashing off.

Dash's POV

            I stared at the girl, my nurse, Zoey running off. Why did she look so familiar? Dammit. 

            Why did she even say "I love you" to me? She said it so softly that I was so close of not catching it. I looked at the other nurse, Demi. "Who is she to me?" I asked. Demi didn't look me in the eyes.

            "Someone who was really special to you" she said softly. Someone who was really special to me? Please, I never do, I never trust anyone because they always leave at the end.

            'No, not her' I thought. Who is she? My head started hurting as I thought harder. So many questions was in my head concerning her. Why is she so important to me? I remember her whispering, 'I love you.'

            She was more then a nurse. Dammit, I ran my hands through my hair. This is too much. "You shouldn't push yourself, get some sleep okay?" I nodded at Demi as she left my room.

            I sighed, and ran my fingers down to my neck where the necklace was. I examined it, who was it again that gave this to me? It seems like I won't be sleeping any time soon till I figure this out.

Zoey's POV

            I wiped the tears away from my eyes. I can't believe this, Dash doesn't remember anything, about me, us, anything. 

            I'm just a nurse to him now. I gripped onto my sweater and hugged my knees to my chest. How did this happen?

            I'm sitting in front of the address where the card key should open the door. But I'm scared, what did he wanted me to see? I few people past me and looked at me weirdly. I didn't say anything at all. After about 10 minutes I got up and held the card key and stared at it for a moment before I should it to the scanner.

            The scanner scanned the pass and after seconds, it said, 'Access granted' I took a deep breath and opened the door.