𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

chapter eighteen: lethal weapons
1.10, co-captain - 1.11, formality

     Spencer and Veronica walk behind Lydia as she walks behind Allison as the four walk deeper and deeper into the woods. "Allison... when you said you needed to stop for an errand before we went shopping... a five-mile hike in the woods was not what I was expecting." Lydia tells her impatiently.

Somehow, Spencer and Veronica had gotten invited to go shopping for dresses, for the Winter Formal. Though Spencer hadn't even decided if she was going or not, she still showed. And if she found a dress she likes, she would go. If not, she's staying home.

And the last couple of days had been crazy. Especially since she, Stiles, and Derek all found out about Melissa supposedly sending the text — news flash! She didn't. But Spencer couldn't go with them and went to meet up with Veronica instead.

But while at dinner, Spencer got a call from her twin, and Veronica got a call from Winter, and the two went their separate ways, apologizing for having to leave and reschedule it another time.

And even after having to leave the dinner, everything just got worse, one because they found out Melissa did send it. Well it was her email, but it wasn't actually her. It was Derek's uncles nurse — I know, confusing, right? After finding that out, Spencer connected the dots. Peter — Derek's uncle — is the alpha.

And now she was going shopping with the girl she was jealous of and the queen bee of the school — whose crown is slowly slipping. Spencer, not realizing she had zoned out, quickly zoned back in. Listening to the conversation that was happening in front of her.

"Sure. As long as it's just friends." Lydia say's hesitantly, "Well, yeah." Allison nods, "I mean, it's not like I would take him to the coach's office during lacrosse practice to make out with him or anything..." Allison trails off, a smirk forming on her face.

"Uh, about that..." Lydia trails off anxiously, looking down at her feet to watch where she's walking. "Are they talking about Jackson and Scott?" Spencer questions in a whisper, leaning closer to Veronica.

The latter nods, "Ohhhh.." Spencer says, dragging it out. There was tension between the two. Both Spencer and Veronica could sense it. And they had front row seats to see the show.

◂◧ʚ❀ɞ◨▸

     "What does that do?" Lydia asks as Allison twists an arrowhead on the body of the arrow. "We're about to find out..." Allison trails off, smiling down at the weapon in hand.

Standing up, she brings her bow with her. Setting up the arrow in place, Allison looks towards her target — the tree right in front of the group of four. Bringing the string back, she quickly releases it. The arrow flying through the arrow until it makes contact with the tree — once it does, it explodes. Well makes sparks fly and smoke come out.

Allison lowers her bow, the four still staring at the arrow now engraved into the tree. "What the hell was that?" Lydia questions, "I don't know..." Allison trails off, not really knowing what had happened either.

Lydia claps her hands, walking towards Allison in slow movements. "Well, that was fun! Any more lethal weapons you wanna try out?" Lydia asks sarcastically.

Hearing the crunch of leaves under someone's feet sets Spencer on high alert. And it obviously caught Allison's attention. Looking out in the distance, they hear a tree branch breaking.

Allison looks back at the three girls, "Hold this." Allison says, passing her bow behind her back, "What? Why?" Lydia asks, but still taking the weapon. "Because I thought I heard something." Allison tells her.