𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

chapter seventeen: "boyfriend"
1.09, wolf's bane

Spencer sat in the drivers seat of a car as she drove. She was driving a car she never expected to drive. At least not with the owner's permission. She was driving Dereks car. Derek Hales car.

The one that supposedly died at the hands of the alpha. "Faster?" Scott asks, looking back at Stiles, who is in the backseat.

Stiles nods eagerly, "Much faster." He agrees. Spencer rolls her eyes, going into the fast and furious mode. She knew how to drive. And fast. "Woah!" Stiles tells, getting thrown around in the backseat since he didn't put on his seat belt.

Stiles turns back, looking for the car. "They're gone." Stiles says. Stiles looks down at the radio in his hands, "All units, suspect is on foot heading into the Iron Works." Spencer hears, taking off that way.

◂◧ʚ❀ɞ◨▸

Spencer comes to a stop, Scott throwing the door open, and climbing in the back. "Get in." Spencer says, her hands on the wheel, ready for him to be in the car.

Derek runs to his car, quickly jumping in as he gets shot at. Not even before the door was closed, Spencer had taken off. The gunfire following them. Some barely hitting his car.

"What part of "laying low" don't you understand???" Scott asks exasperatedly, looking in front of him at Derek.

"Damn it, I had him!" Derek yells, hitting the dashboard, "Who? The Alpha?" Stiles asks, sticking his head beside Scott as they both lean up. "No. The fucking unicorn." Spencer states sarcastically

Derek finally looks at the girl driving his car, and just like earlier, when he had handed the keys over to her. She filled all of his senses.

A vanilla, coffee, and a beachy scent filled his nose. All he could hear was her breathing. All he could see is her. It was like everything else disappeared. And he felt suddenly aware of how close their hands were. His hand was sitting by the cup holder while Spencer's is on the gear shift.

Snapping out of it, "Yes! He was right in front of me, and the friggin' police showed up." Derek says impatiently, "Whoa! Hey, they're just doing their jobs--" "Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state!" Derek says sarcastically, cutting off Stiles.

"Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumbass mistake. I get it." Scott says defensively, Spencer scoffs, "And it definitely isn't the first dumbass mistake."

Stiles sighs, "All right. How did you find him?" He asks, Derek looks at the two boys, doing his best to keep his eyes off of Spencer, turning away shaking his head.

Scott scoffs, "Can you try to trust us for at least half a second?" Scott asks, "Yeah, all three of us!" Stiles adds on. "...Or, just him and Spencer. Or just Spence." Stiles shrugs, "I'll be back here." He finishes.

Derek sighs, "Look, the last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out. She found two things. The first was a guy named Harris." Derek says, "Our chemistry teacher?" Stiles asks, his head swinging back into the whole between Derek and Spencer's seats.

"That sexiest asshole?" Spencer asks, looking over at Derek, her head snapping back to the road as she kinda slows down the car. But not really. "Why him?" Scott asks.

"I don't know yet." Derek answers, Spencer rolls her eyes, and for some reason, Derek can't take her eyes off of her, "What's the second?" She asks, "Some kind of symbol." Derek answers, opening up a piece of paper he had just pulled out of his pocket.