Chapter 15: The Confession

Lusteria POV

I kept my head down as I entered the room. Smokescreen closed the door behind him and leaned against the door with his arms crossed. We just stood there for a few seconds; until Smokes finally spoke.

"Why did you hide it from us?"

I sat on the berth, "I'm sorry, Smokes! I just didn't know how to-"

"How to what? Deceive me like you did last time?! When I asked you what was wrong?" He talked on such a demanding voice, it was hard to keep my voice steady.

My eyes continued to water, "No! I just....didn't know- how to tell you...about me or Min-"

"But why?! Was you trusting me- everyone- a lie?!"

"I-"

"What, Lus? Is it only for your own good-? What did I ever mean to you-?!"

His question made me snap, "BECAUSE I LOVE YOU, GODDAMMIT!" I yelled as I clenched my fists.

I looked up to see Smokes' optics widen in shock. He looked like he couldn't comprehend the situation at all.

"I-I was scared of what you might have felt about me!" I went on. "I was scared that you wouldn't feel the same as me! The fact that I used to be a decepticon....I thought you would leave me...." I pulled my hands up to my face to hide my tears.

For primus sake- WHAT WAS I THINKING?! Confessing my feelings at a time like this? It was the worse situation possible- god what was wrong with me?!

"I'm sorry....I know you don't see me the same way- I-"

But before I could continue, Smokescreen came up and hugged me tightly. My optics widened- what was he doing??? Wasn't he angry at me? Wasn't he going to yell at me more?

"W-what are you...?" I started. But I stopped- instead- I just buried my head into his chest; I just wanted to stay like this. Close to him. He then back away, placing his hand on my chin.

His blue optics were soft, not full with rage from before. "Can I.....kiss you?"

I just froze, was I audio receptor broken? ".....yes."

He then pulled me in, placing his lips on mine. I slowly closed my optics- melting into the kiss. His lips were soft. And his kiss was passionate- I've waited for this moment for so long, and it was finally happening. We stayed in this position for what seemed like eternity; he wiped my tears off as we parted.

"I'm sorry for doubting you." He whispered softly, "I should have trusted you....you're nothing like the decepticons."

I smiled, "It's fine.....I shouldn't have lied to you in the first place, that was my fault."

"But why did you betray them?"

I didn't say anything at first, "......We first joined the decepticons because we had the same belief. But once I saw how Megatron handles things- he was a monster. Soundwave probably heard me talking to Min about escaping; and....." I paused.

"And-?"

"They- they scarred Min on the back. For traitorous deeds......" Smokescreen looked into my optics in horror. "She was messing with the Nemesis' system so that we can escape while they were distracted....she didn't even tell me she was going to  do that- she was so stupid."

Smokescreen took me in his arms once more. It comforted me greatly; he then spoke softly.

"It's alright. We'll get Min out of there, I promise."

I smiled, "Thank you."

He kissed my forehead lightly, I chuckled. I didn't feel hopeless anymore, we were going to save Min.