Chapter 5: Trust

Lusteria POV

I shot another vehicon in its chest as I jumped off another one's face. I landed on my feet and looked around to check if Min was okay. My eyes widened to see Min about to be shot by another vehicon.

"Frag!" I yelled in frustration as I started to run up to them. I would never forgive myself if something happened to her. But before I could reach Min, the yellow scout- Bumblebee, reached her first. He kicked the other vehicon in the back as he helped Min up.

I heard him speak to her in a distorted voice, 'Are you alright?'

"Yeah, my foot just hurts a bit." She replied to him smiling as he put her arm over his shoulder.

I stared at them for a few seconds; why was I shocked by this? I then realized I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings as a vehicon leaped towards me. I wasn't fast enough to bring out my blaster or blade, I braced for the impact; but then Bulkhead punch it out of the way.

He turned to me, "Are you alright?"

"Y-yeah." I looked up at him dumbfounded.

I smiled and threw a thumbs up at me, "Alright! Time to smash some decepticon afts!"

I stared at him like I did with Bumblebee. My mind was going everywhere; was I beginning to.....trust them? Not that easily- I couldn't be. But as the fight went on, when I kept making mistakes and mishaps, the others kept saving me; watching my back. Frag, frag, frag! Don't tell me I feel guilty for not trusting them before; sure they're nicer than the decepticons, but- could they be any better than that? I tried to get my mind off of it, but then we were alerted by a sudden yell.

"We need to get out, NOW!" I heard Arcee yell as she ran over to us.

I looked behind her, to see a bomb, no- multiple bombs attached to the walls of the mine. And they were about to blow!

Optimus commanded, "Autobots, roll out!"

Everyone quickly transformed into their alt modes to drive out of the cave. I quickly turned to do the same, but a vehicon shot my leg leading me to fall onto the ground. Energon started to leak out of the back of my leg, I winced in pain. I looked up to see the rest of the Autobots gone; they seemed to have taken Min with them too. I hit my fist onto the ground, why did I trust them in the first place?! They  were no different from the decepticons; I bit my lip in frustration. At least Min was safe. I closed my eyes and accepted my fate. But then I felt a pair hands grab me.

"What in the Primus-?!" I blurted out in confusion as I heard the voice of the person who grabbed me.

It was Smokescreen's. He put my arm over his shoulder as he talked into the com. "Ratchet- I need a ground bridge, stat!"

"What- what are you doing here?!" I yelled at him as he looked at me.

"What do you think I'm doing? I came back for you!" He remarked, "We couldn't just leave you here!"

I just looked at him, astonished. "I-....." All I could do was stutter in reply.

"Can you walk?" As he looked at my leg bleeding. It hurt like hell as I stood up.

I winced, "No....it hurts a bit..."

"I guess we have no choice." He sighed as he then pulled me up in his arms. I yelped in shock.

"AH- WHAT IN PRIMUS SAKE ARE YOU DOING?!" I screamed at him.

He started to run for the ground bridge that opened in front of us. "Would you stop yelling at me for once?!" He protested, "All we need to do is get you out of here, so just let me do this for once!"

I was taken aback by his protest. I just looked down at my chest as he carried me in his arms. Maybe....I've just thought about them all wrong. All they did was do such good things to me; and I just pushed them away. As I was thinking about all this, Smokescreen and I already arrived at the base.

Ratchet went up to us, "Smokescreen, place her in the berth right now!"

I was placed onto the medical berth and looked up to look at everyone else, they were all looking at me in concern. I found out that they were worried about me, Min then ran up to me.

"Lus! Are you okay?!" She was frantic. "Oh no- that's a lot of blood-  RATCHET IS SHE GOING TO BE OKAY????" She started to build tears in her eyes as Bumblebee struggled to comfort her.

Ratchet put his hand on her shoulder, "She's going to be fine. I'll just need to make a few fixes."

After a few minutes, he was able to fix my leg good as new. He told me that I should still be careful when I walk; but the first thing I did was stand up from the berth. Everyone's attention was on me, I wanted to make an announcement.

"Everyone-" I started, I then inhaled to speak once more. "I- I just wanted to apologize..."

Everyone seemed taken aback by the sudden apology, and Min smiled at me.

"I know I've been a jerk, and I had trouble trusting the rest of you. Unlike my sister, and I hope you all accept my apology." I looked down at the floor, to be honest, I was kind of embarrassed but I had to apologize to them at some point.

I then almost died of suffocation as Bulkhead pulled me into a tight hug. He then set me down leading me to gasp for air. He then slapped me in the back right after.

"I was wondering when you were going to apologize." Bulkhead laughed. And around me were the others smiling at me.

Arcee put her hands on her hips, "We knew that you weren't going to keep this up forever." My optics widened.

I then turned to Smokescreen who was leaning against the wall. He looked at me as if he was waiting for something. And I knew what he wanted.

"Yes, and I'm sorry to you too, Smokescreen." I rolled my eyes, but slightly smiled at the same time.

He smiled back, "Alright! I accept your apology, we're good now!" He put his hand on my shoulder. "Also- did you just smile?"

"H u h ? ? ?" I gasped. "No I didn't-!" Out of embarrassment I ended up kicking him; making Min laugh.

Min managed to get words out of her mouth while laughing, "Maybe she still needs to work on her temper a bit."