Chapter 4: First Mission

Lumin POV

It's been a few days since me and Lus started training. My endurance and balance got better; maybe my speed a bit too. Although I wasn't physically strong, at least I was fast. Lus on the other hand, improved the same as me, but unlike me she had strength. She managed to somehow flip Smokescreen over! H o w ? ! Well Smokes and Magnus weren't only ones training us; Bee and the others would sometimes help us too! I also found out that there were humans with us. I'm kinda embarrassed about how I didn't notice them until now. They actually helped me and Lus choose our alt modes; so that we can keep a low profile.

"So, do you like it?" Miko asked as I transformed out of the alt mode. I decided to use the same vehicle as Arcee; so did Lus.

"Yeah!" I replied. "It's faster than when I'm in this form, so it's really convenient!"

Raf was with Ratchet by the monitor and Jack just came back from a drive with Arcee. I looked around to find Lus, but I figured she went up to the roof to get some fresh air. I jumped as I heard an alarm coming from the monitor.

"Decepticon activity." Ratchet spoke.

Optimus then walked in, "I see." Before he said anything else, I intruded.

"Can I come with you?" I asked him, he then turned to me. "....please?"

He seemed hesitant, "Are you sure, Lumin?"

"Yes! I have been training for a few days; and I can protect myself now! Trust me, please?" I pleaded with Optimus.

He turned to Smokescreen, Smokescreen shrugged, "I'd say she's ready. She's doing really good with her training; same with Lus."

Optimus thought about for a minute, and finally decided to take us. "We will also be taking Lusteria. And we will be facing decepticons in a energon mine; be cautious."

I nodded. We eventually called Lus to come with us; she first refused, but I managed to convince her. Ratchet opened a ground bridge; leading us into a cave where the decepticons were storing their energons. I hid behind a rock with Bee and Smokes; I watched the Vehicons transporting or protecting the energon.

"There's so many..." I whispered. I almost ran over to attack until Bee grabbed my shoulder.

Bee beeped, 'Don't rush out there, wait for Optimus's-'

Before he could finish his sentence, we saw Lus run around the rock she was hiding behind. And then started attacking the Vehicons; of course she would- I facepalmed myself.

"Lusteria!" I heard Optimus yell at her; and started to attack the vehicons after. Soon after we all started to attack them.

I was able to dodge the vehicons' blasters; like I said, i had speed and stamina. Two vehicons tried to shoot me, but I jumped to avoid it and they hit each other instead. As I landed, I chuckled in amusement until I accidentally lost my balance. I fell and twisted my foot; I grit my teeth in pain. As I looked up, I saw a vehicon pointing its blaster at me. Frag.