Chapter 2: Meeting the recruits

Bumblebee POV

I was talking with Smokey for a while until I saw the ground-bridge open. I quickly went over next to Ratchet as Smokey was right behind me. I saw Optimus coming out of the entrance but he was holding a hand of a femme that was around my age. The femme was also holding onto another femme. They had pink armor and a white finish; their figure was like Arcee's.

'Welcome back, Optimus!' I beeped in excitement, I then turned to the young femme.

I waved, 'Hello! My name's Bumblebee, what's yours?' The femme jumped as she stuttered a greeting.

"H-hi." She hid behind Optimus, "My name's Lumin."

I smiled, "Lumin....that's a pretty name!"

Her optics shined as I complimented her; as if she has never been complimented at all. Smokescreen then came up from behind me.

"Hey! Nice to meet you!" He greeted the older femme. "You okay? You seem hurt-"

The femme slapped his hand away as he reached his hand. "Don't touch me."

"Lus!" Lumin yelled at her.

"I- okay?" He seems confused. Typical Smokescreen.

Optimus interrupted before things got messy. "I'll be taking the two over to Ratchet to get their injuries checked." I nodded as I dragged a rebellious Smokescreen away.

Ratchet POV

I gestured Optimus and the two femme over to the medical berth. I let the younger one go first, since the older one was glaring daggers at me and Optimus the whole time.

Optimus leaned over to me, "Ratchet, I have a request."

"What is it, Optimus?" As I turned to look at him, I saw a decepticon symbol on the femme's arm. I stepped back in shock; Optimus seemed to notice. "Optimus! Don't tell me- her too?" I pointed at the older femme.

Optimus nodded slowly, "I know what you are thinking Ratchet. But please, trust me."

"I know that I can trust you, but the decepticons?!" I raised my voice. The younger femme flinched, as the older one seemed to get irritated.

"Don't you dare include me with those monsters!" She pointed at my face. I then saw her symbol was crossed out. I see what's happening now.

I let out a sigh, "Does Arcee and Bulkhead know?"

"I do not think so." He replied.

I grabbed a tool and walked over to the berth. "Don't worry, it's not going to hurt." I comforted the young femme. Her expressions softened as I took her arm to start working. After a while, I was able to forge the Autobot symbol onto their arms. We then gathered in the main area of the base so that they could introduce themselves.

The younger one started first, "Hi! My name is Lumin, you can call me Min if you want." She was very shy at first, but now she seemed to be more open. "And this is my older sister, Lusteria!"

Lusteria turned her head away, "Hey...."

Well she was very enthusiastic. After we introduced ourselves, the monitor started beeping.

"Decepticons are on the loose!" I ran over to the monitor to start opening a ground bridge.

Optimus nodded, "Bulkhead, Arcee, and Bumblebee; you will come with me."

"Can I come with you?" Smokescreen walked over to Optimus.

Optimus shook his head, "You will stay here and train Lumin and Lusteria. They will need a trainer....you and Ultra Magnus will guide them."

"Me? A trainer! That sounds fun!" Smokescreen exclaimed.

I heard Lusteria mutter something under her breath; she was honestly getting on my nerves.

"We wish you luck." I told Optimus.

He nodded. And the rest of them drove through the entrance of the bridge.