Chapter Eleven

I crouch by the windows on the inside of the airport terminal, Sam on my left, Bucky on my right. With Tony and the Avengers here, it's safe to assume that they would prevent us from escaping in the helicopter. However, it's also safe to assume that their own method of transportation is lurking nearby.

Through the glass, I see Steve jog toward the helicopter on the tarmac below, hoping to keep the Avengers distracted long enough for Sam to find their quinjet, using the drone he calls 'Red Wing.' As Steve approaches the helicopter, Tony takes the bait, shooting a small device at it. When it hits, electricity sparks around the rotors, locking them in place.

Tony and Rhodes land on the ground ahead of Steve, Tony wearing his red and gold Iron Man suit, Rhodes wearing his silver War Machine one. Tony retracts his helmet as they talk with Steve, soon joined by T'Challa in his Black Panther suit, and Natasha in her Black Widow catsuit.

Suddenly, Tony cups his hands around his mouth, calling out, and a man in a red and blue spandex suit flips over Steve, snatching away his shield with some sort of webbing and trapping Steve's hands in the process. The newcomer lands on a nearby vehicle, kneeling as he talks to Tony and preens slightly. I see Tony's expression change as he grows a little impatient with him and the newcomer salutes Steve before greeting the rest of the group with a small wave. I guess we weren't the only ones to recruit help, but who this guy is, I have no idea.

Steve turns back to Tony as they continue their conversation, and Tony starts yelling. We're running out of time.

"How's it coming, Sam?" I ask, turning toward my friend.

Red Wing's control panel dings in response.

"We found it," Sam states into our communicators, informing the rest of our team. "Their quinjet's in Hanger 5, north runway."

Steve raises his hands above his head, and I see an arrow fly toward him from the other side of the tarmac, where Barton and Wanda are hiding within the parking garage. The arrow pierces through the webbing with precision, freeing Steve's hands. It's no wonder what Barton's code name is 'Hawkeye.'

"Alright, Lang," Steve's voice rings through our earpieces.

Lang, who used his red and silver 'Ant Man' suit to hide on Steve's shield while the size of a grain of rice, suddenly grows back to regular size, grabbing the shield as he kicks the stranger away. Lang hands the shield back to Steve.

I get to my feet. "Time to go."