Cold War || Part I

Pretty proud of this one shot, so I had to move it to the top.
---------------------
Legends say
Two people one day
Shall meet in a dream
The past shall beam
As they are learning
Their past doings

Whoever they were
Is not important
Their solid and giant
Love is real
The dream shall reveal

***
It has been a decade, yet the war continues. Seven nations were bloodthirsty and power hungry. I do not clearly remember why the peace was broken, I suppose it all started with Inazuma. Lady Raiden Shogun's ambition has gotten better of her, washing her eyes with hunger. Yes, it started with her. It must have been her. I blame her.

Her first target was Mondstadt. Poor Mondstadt... they did not know what hit them. Of course they tried to protect themselves, who would not? But with that drunkard - as my Lady Tsaritsa names him - as their leader, they failed miserably. When Mondstadt had fallen, the peace was broken. Every nation went defense and attack mode immediately.

At the time I was at Liyue, hanging out with... a close person. He invited me for dinner, he said that he had an important thing to ask. Perhaps, he was going to propose to me. I was getting ready that night. I had my most fabulous outfit on, I had done my hair which I always leave it messy, I had wore my most expensive jewelries...

Hell, I even wore makeup! Of course, I did not use lipstick or anything. I just used makeup for "blush". Normally I was going to go with my natural face but a close friend of mine suggested it. I do miss her, a lot more than I anticipated, she was a crazy yet lively funeral parlor. I wonder if she is doing okay...

Back to the dinner, I was walking towards the meeting spot. The wind was lovely that night, it did not even dare to ruin my clothes! It only played with my hair a little. The moon was full and it shined vividly. The stars were decorating the pitch black sky. It was the perfect romantic night. I couldn't help but smile at that time.

Although, my smile faded when I saw a Fatui member running towards me. I stopped dead in my tracks, I feared I had a job to take care of. The member finally reached me, panting and sweating. Normally I would have scolded him for his unprofessional stance but all I wanted was to get this done.

"Speak." I demanded. I had a bored yet concerned face. The member spoke between his breaths, he knew I had no patience at that moment. "Lord... Ajax... Lady Tsaritsa has ordered... every harbinger to go to... homeland." He said. Then he took a deep breath and let it go, fixing his outfit and hair swiftly. "Mondstadt has fallen into the hands of Inazuma, peace is broken. Lady Tsaritsa wants full protection." The member continued.

I tilted my head. This was interesting for me, a bloodthirsty man, already thinking of the spars I will have. "Can it not wait? Can I not go back in an hour?" I asked. The member shook his head, the hurtful words falling from his lips. "No, Lord Ajax. Lady Tsaritsa was stern about being punctual. Thou must come with me now or else thou will run late."

I sighed. "Perfect..." I thought. "Very well, make sure to send some people to take my stuff." I said as I dismissed him. The member walked away swiftly, probably tired of running.

I wanted to meet with him, say goodbye, but I knew Lady Tsaritsa wasn't going to be happy with that. So I left a note and some jewelries so he can remember me. I packed my stuff and got my casual outfit on, leaving Liyue Harbour later on. I felt extremely sad and I was scolding everyone for no reason. My mood kept until a week later, I received a letter. It was well written and made butterflies fly in my stomach.

The fact that it came after a week made me happy. Normally letters would take a month to receive, probably he demanded it to be taken faster than usual. I was special and significant for him, that thought made me feel warm.