Belated Bday Of Childe

Zhongli was wandering around Liyue because he had a routine. Normally he was looking around, this time he was just looking at the ground. He was too distracted. Then he bumped into someone. Zhongli frowned and looked at the person he bumped into. "Oh, Traveler! Sorry, I didn't see you there." Zhongli said embarrassed. Aether smiled. "Oh, it's okay." he said. "Are you okay, Zhongli? You seem... pensive." Paimon said, frowning. Zhongli smiled.

"Oh... I was thinking about what I could do for Childe. Today is his birthday." Zhongli said. "Ohhh, you didn't prepare anything yet? That explains why Childe was so sad." Traveler said, crossing his arms. "Yeah! Childe also said he was waiting for someone." said Paimon. Then Paimon's eyes widened. "Wait a minute! Childe was so sad about you not preparing anything for him. Even his brother couldn't cheer him up!" Paimon said in shock.

"Does that mean you two are dating?!" Aether asked, getting excited. Zhongli blushed and looked like a tomato. "W-what!? No! We aren't dating!" Zhongli said. He got a bit sad when he said the last part. "I might be an emergency food but I am not dumb as one. It's obvious you two like each other! Paimon will make sure that you two come together!" Paimon said with a chuckle. "Oh, I know! The best birthday present is to ask him out." Aether said with a grin.

Zhongli folded his arms. "Are you sure? A date might not be enough... he always takes me to some fabulous and expensive places on my birthdays." Zhongli said. Now he was blushing because of embarrassment. "Oh, we'll take him somewhere, of course! Somewhere known and expensive. It could be a famous restaurant." said Paimon. After a while, saliva began to flow from her mouth. "We are not going to eat there. They will eat." Aether said, rolling his eyes.

Paimon wiped her mouth and scowled. "Okay, we won't eat anything there." She said. "Sounds good, but I don't have enough mora." Zhongli said with a sigh. Aether smiled. "This is why we have rich friends. Now, you forget about the food. Let's get you some clothes." Aether said. "Or let's sew clothes! Do you remember Ningguang's and Keqing's outfit? It was amazing! We could ask Ningguang's cloth designer for a cloth." said Paimon. "Good idea!" Aether agreed.

"Again, I have no mora. I can't ask Childe about it neither, can I?" Zhongli asked pouting. Paimon giggled. "When was that a problem for you?" Paimon asked smirking.

***
"Hmmm... let me get this to straight." Ningguang said, taking a sip of her tea. Aether, Paimon and Zhongli were at the Jade Chamber. Trying to "deceive" Ningguang in a way. Then she put her tea aside and leaned forward. "You want my special designer to design Mr Zhongli a luxurious suit in a day." Ningguang said. Then she tilted her head slightly. "And Director Hu will pay for everything?" Ningguang asked. "Yes! It better be prepared as soon as possible." said Paimon, smiling innocently.

Ningguang chuckled and leaned back. "Oh, honey. Director Hu would never spend mora on anything if it isn't related to a funeral." Ningguang said. Paimon and Aether's faces paled. Zhongli sighed. "You should learn how to listen." Zhongli mumbled. "You better tell me what actually is going on and I will pay it for you." Ningguang said. Aether sighed. "Okay, you got us. Well... Zhongli is going to ask someone out." Aether said.

A small scream escaped from Ningguang's lips, she started waving her hands. Then she straightened herself up with a fake cough. "Ehem. Who is this lucky person?" Ningguang asked. Then she leaned forward curiously. "Is it someone I know?" she asked. "I mean... who hasn't heard the person? Paimon is still angry that we forcefully babysat Teucer..." Paimon said, frowning slightly. Ningguang got even more excited.

"Hmmm... the rich men I know who would date Zhongli..." she muttered. Zhongli frowned slightly. "Where did it come from that the person was a man?" He asked. Ningguang leaned back and innocently shrugged. "Firstly, you don't look at me with admiration. Secondly, you never flirt with me. Thirdly, I am not your sugar mommy, someone else is." Ningguang said. Aether couldn't help but laugh. Paimon started laughing too. Zhongli sighed and averted his eyes. His cheeks were slightly flushed.

"My guess is... Childe?" Ningguang said. "Yes! Will you help us?" Paimon asked. Ningguang laughed. "Of course! I will arrange everything." Ningguang said. Then, her smile faded, she turned to Zhongli. "You could have done better." She said. Aether fell to the ground and began to roll with laughter.

***
Childe was extremely upset. Although it was his birthday and his brother, Teucer, surprised him, he was still extremely upset. As if something was missing. "Happy birthday, Harbinger." Said one employee. Childe forced a smile. "Thank you. I'll be out early, let them know." Said Childe, taking his jacket and going outside. He wore his jacket even though it was too hot. He wasn't feeling well. He just wanted to go home and get into bed.

"Brother! Where are you going? We were going to do more fun things." said Teucer, running after him. Childe tried to look good and smiled again. "My dear, I will rest a little. I do not feel good." Childe said, leaning slightly. "Ah! This is what happens if you wear that jacket in this heat!" Teucer said, crossing his arms. Childe frowned and opened his mouth to say something but something occurred to Teucer and he took a piece of paper out of his pocket. "This is for you! A beautiful woman I didn't know gave it to me." Teucer said. Childe took the envelope and turned it over. "I will look at it later." He muttered, placing the envelope into his pocket.

"You go have fun with Aether and Paimon, okay? I'll take you out to dinner and play with your toys." Childe said. "Alright! Take care of yourself!" Teucer said, bouncing. Childe chuckled lightly and stopped leaning. He started walking. After taking a few odd glances around, he realized that he was wearing a jacket. He immediately took off his jacket and tied it around his waist. 'I am so stupid! Why did I wear a jacket? Am I that pensive?' Childe scolded himself.

He sighed. "What was missing? That seems to upset me a lot?" Childe muttered to himself. When he reached his house, his hand went to his pocket. He took out the keys and the envelope from his pocket. Childe frowned and put the key into the hole and turned it a few times. Then he opened the door and went inside. He threw his keys and jacket into a corner and went into the living room. He slumped into the nearest couch. 'I don't want to sleep... I don't feel like doing anything. And I also left my brother alone on my birthday! What a bad brother I am!' Childe thought. He got angry with himself and straightened up. "What the hell is this envelope anyway?" He muttered and opened the envelope. He looked at the carefully and beautifully written message.

Dear Childe,
I want you to look your best with your expensive suit. Meet with me at 7 PM in front of XXXXXXXXXX. Don't keep me waiting.

Your dear Zhongli.

Childe suddenly jumped to his feet. He knew why he was upset! Because Zhongli hadn't done anything for him! In an instant, Childe was overjoyed. He pressed the letter to his chest and began to spin. Like a ballerina. A small laugh escaped his lips. "He didn't forget!" cried Childe. Then he stopped spinning and chuckled. "I guess I am gay after all!" he whispered.

***
At exactly 7 o'clock Childe had reached the location. He was actually planning to arrive earlier, but he didn't want to seem enthusiastic. Zhongli was really there. He looked so fancy and handsome. "Oh, just in time." Zhongli said, leaning forward slightly. Childe couldn't help grinning. "You had mora to pay for this place?" Childe asked, looking at the magnificent and expensive-looking building in front of him. Then his smile faded and he took Zhongli's arm.

He dramatically pretended to faint in his arms. "Ah! Are you cheating on me?" Childe asked. Zhongli rolled his eyes but was still smiling. He picked up Childe in bridal style and went inside. "Welcome to our fun place, Fatui rascal." Zhongli said, winking. Childe laughed and hugged Zhongli tighter. He couldn't believe this was real.

"After dinner we shall have some fun, shall we not?" Zhongli asked with a mysterious smirk.

//AFTER THE NIGHT/WITH TRAVELER//
"Where is my brother? We were going to play with my gigantic toys!" Teucer said with a frown. Traveler tried to smile. He didn't know how he could tell this innocent child that his dirty brother had some bed time with the ex-archon and also that his brother was a stubborn bottom. He couldn't even explain that to Paimon. "Firstly, those gigantic toys are ruin guards! They aren't toys." Paimon scolded the child. Teucer stuck out his tongue as a reply. "Secondly, your brother got really sick that he couldn't get up from the bed. I saw him with my own eyes! He said his body parts were really sore." Paimon said. Teucer sighed and pouted. "I want my brother..." he mumbled. "How about we buy you ice cream and you forget about Childe for a day?" Aether asked. He knew children really liked ice cream.

Teucer smiled and nodded. "Deal!" He shouted excitedly.