17. Downcasted

.......................

.......................

Breathe. Hide. Escape. Run.

Breathe! Hide! Escape! Run!

BREATHE! HIDE! ESCAPE! RUN!

He's there.

The phone rings, you run, you die.

The phone rings! You run! You die!

THE PHONE RINGS! YOU RUN! YOU DIE!

Wake up. Wake up. Wake up.

Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!

WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!

Breathe.
Breathe.
Breathe!
Breathe!
BREATHE!
BREATHE!

News vans, police cars, strangers, your parents, Tatum and Dewey, all racing to get you some help. Your body was being dragged through the hospital and people were yelling words that you couldn't hear. Your body was numb and your heart was racing, about to stop at some point. "HELP HER..PLEASE!" Tatum yelled while crying as other police officers held her back from running into your room. "LET ME SEE HER, SHE'S MY DAUGHTER!!" Mom screamed at the nurses.

"It is hell in Woodsboro as people crowd the streets of homes and the hospital that I am currently in front of. Y/n L/n, a student at Woodsboro High School, was attacked and what some police say was a 'carelessly dragged attacked.' Friends and family are in shock as Y/n is being rushed to the ER" Gale Weathers made the report. "Deputy Dewey!!" Gale ran up to him. He saw her and immediately turned away.

"Go bother someone else, Gale!" He told her. "Are you serious?! I-" Dewey's walkie talkie then went off. "Sheriff! The Prescott house has been attacked!" His eyes widened. 2 in one night. Gale's eyes also widened as she and her cameraman raced to their van and Dewey yelled for the other officers to hurry down there and some stay with you.

After Sidney Was Attacked Cuz I'm Lazy

Sidney watched as Billy was being put in the police car. He yelled her name, but she refused to listen. Billy slammed his head against the seat knowing that this was probably the worst night ever, besides the night his mother left. "Did you attack anybody else?!" The cop asked him while driving. Go fuck yourself. Billy rolled his eyes as he mumbled cuss words.

"Shit- Sidney!!" Tatum raced out of her car with dried tears on her cheeks and more tears rolling down. She felt horrible and felt like a bad friend. She thought that she should've been there to help. Sidney sat on the ambulance truck bench feeling upset. After Dewey asked her questions, he put his notepad away and looked at her. "Something happened to Y/n" he let out. She also looked at him. "What do you mean..?" He took a skippy deep breath, then tapped the bench.

"She was attacked" her eyes widened. "What!? Is she okay?!" She got scared. He took his hat off, then shrugged. "I don't know" his voice cracked. Tears then started streaming down her cheeks. "What happened..?" She asked while crying. Tatum was sitting by her also crying. Dewey looked down also trying his hardest not to cry. Dewey felt horrible about what's been happening with you for the past few days.

He also felt like your parents weren't too much in a care zone for you and knew that whatever trauma stepped into your sight, would forever be there. Tatum hugged Sidney as she cried more.

At The Police Station, With Billy

"Were you at Casey's house?" The cop asked him. Yes. "No, officer!!" "How about Y/n's house?" Yes. "No!! Officer, I didn't kill anybody!!" Billy pleaded knowing he lied. "Why the sad look? I mean, you did attack Mrs. Prescott" the cop crossed his arms squinting his eyes. Y/n. "Because I'm being accused!!" Because I hurt Y/n. "Why were you even out late?" His dad asked. "I was taking a walk!!" He replied to him.

His dad was beginning to get a headache from all of this. "This is crazy" he whispered, then looked at Sidney who also looked pissed and upset.

After The Police Station

"I wanna see her" Sidney told Dewey in the car. "Yeah. Me, too" Tatum added also agreeing. "We can't. She's in pain and won't wake up." Dewey replied. "Can't we just go in there? You're a cop" Tatum recommend. "We would only be allowed to look at her through the door. They're doing lots of x-rays and.." he pauses to get himself back in shape. "She's just in a lot of pain, guys" he added on fighting the tears.

Once They Got There

"We have to go through the backdoor so cameras won't be around" Dewey told them. "SIDNEY!!" Gale yelled. They hurried inside before Gale could get to them. "Woah, woah, you guys can't be in here" a nurse stopped them. "I got permission" Dewey said. The nurse allowing him to pass. Dewey led Tatum and Sidney down the hall to your room. Once they got there, they saw your body being examined by nurses and lots of x-rays being hovered over you.

Tatum and Sidney's eyes widened. "Y/n!!" Tatum tried to open the door, but it was locked and Dewey pulled her back. She started crying again and Sidney covered her mouth at the sight of you laying there helplessly. Your neck looked looked bruised, which was because your neck turned after your head bonked off the door, and your head looked like it was wiped a dozen of times after bleeding so much.

Your arms were put in a certain position, along with your legs to hold them carefully in place without hurting. "I need to see her..!!" Tatum yelled while crying with pain in her gut. Sidney sat by the door with her head buried in her legs, also crying like crazy. Dewey stayed strong for them and his own job, even though deep down, he wanted to also cry. You didn't deserve this.

Back With Billy

"Why so quiet, Loomis?" The cop asked him. He was zoned out still trying not to tear up again. "Hello?!" The cop snapped in his face, making him snap back into reality. "Can we just go home..?" He asked his dad. "Real audacity to ask that, especially right after your girlfriend was attacked!!" The cop yelled at him. "THAT'S BECAUSE TONIGHT WAS REAL FUCKING SHITTY!!" He yelled making their eyes widened.

"Sorry" he quickly looked down. "I just..I just don't wanna see anybody right now.." he then started tearing up. His dad looked at him highly concerned. "Just stay the night while we check your calling records, alright?" The cop said. Billy just sat there not giving a fuck. I wanna see her. I need to see her. I'm sorry, Y/n. I'm so fucking sorry.