12. When Trying Sucks

You and Billy had been talking the entire class instead of doing work, it was alright. You had been in the wrong for starting to develop feelings for him the whole time. You hadn't realized it when you first met him and it felt like this was something to recognize. You've been dealing with shit for the past couple of days, but it's only been an hour or two and Billy had been making your heart thump louder than a door slamming.

The bell then rang and you both stand up from your chairs and you made your way out the classroom. Wait, where were you going? Billy walked beside you as you both exited the classroom and you started to look around to see where everybody was going so you could do the same. "You okay?" He asked. "Um..what period do I go to?" You asked nervously. "It's break time, come with me" he grinned. You just nodded and followed him.

He led you both outside and you saw Sidney, Tatum, Stu, and some other guy in a green shirt who was sitting at the fountain. "Who's that?" You asked him. "Randy" he sighed. You followed him over to the fountain and they all looked at you. Billy sat next to Sidney and Sidney and Tatum both stood up and hugged you. "We're sorry for our behavior earlier" Tatum said. "I didn't know you were in that situation" Sidney added. "It's fine" you smiled a little. Billy, Randy, and Stu were all just watching. "Hey, I'm Randy" he stood up extending his hand.

You looked at him and smiled. "Y/n" you shook his hand. He sat back down and you were looking for a place to sit. They were all just looking at you. You then saw Billy nodding his head signaling for you to sit beside him. You went over and sat by him. Sidney looked over at you. "How you feelin?" She asked. "Oh, I'm doing..okay" you smiled a little. She nodded and took a handful of water from the fountain, then put some on your hands. "Cold water feels nice in the hot sun" she said smiling.

Billy just layed down as he was eyeing you from side to side. "Oh gosh, I could tell" you laughed a little. You just shook the water off your hand and put some around your cheeks considering that the sun was beating down on your face. Billy was looking at you through the sun. You caught him staring at you and you smiled making him smile back. He then stretched hia arms yawning, then put his hand on your knee. Your eyes shift over to his hand and you furrowed your eyebrows a little. Stu noticed and he looked at it smiling a little so he wouldn't get caught.

Billy then started rubbing your knee and dragged his hand up your leg making your eyes widen. Sidney was still here, she couldn't see this!!! You pushed his hand off your leg making him look at you and you just cleared your throat. Stu's face turned down when he saw that. He was really hoping to see something. You just looked at Billy nervously, then scooted back a little. He saw you move back and a piece of his heart broke off. Fuck. This isn't trying.