26

The next morning Tewksbury heads home to get cleaned up

The next morning Tewksbury heads home to get cleaned up. Promising to see each other tomorrow. Sherlock also leaves happy to have solved another case, although we didn't exactly solve the problem at hand.

"All those names," Sarah cries bitterly. In less than twelve hours we had lost both my brother and the proof he risked his life for. "Those lives, we failed them Ester."

"Don't say that." Enola whispers trying to reassure her.

"Mae gone, William gone." Sarah says bitterly as Bessie cuddels into her trying to reasure her. "And they are going to get away with it."

I would cry, I could scream so hard that my voice would break, but that won't change anything, they are still gone.

"You heard the man 'Nola, 'Where is your proof?' We have nothing." I say bitterly.

"Ester," Enola says trying to make me happier more hopeful, "When I first met you we were both on a train dressed as boys and then an actual boy fell from a celing, we jumped off that train and rolled down a hill, we got shot at by Tewkbsury's grandmother, hey we even almost died today." Enola says making her point "But I know that we can get through anything, because we have eachother and Tewksbury and Sherlock and My mother and Edith." She smiles nudging my shoulder.

She then gives me the signature Enola schemeing face "And the truth." I smile back, trust Enola to figure something out, she always does.

***

That is how three hours later I find myslef dressed in my favourite breeches. Arm in arm with Enola, Bessie and Sarah barging into the matchstick factory.

 Arm in arm with Enola, Bessie and Sarah barging into the matchstick factory

We let Bessie enter first heading to her normal work space.

"Your late Bess Chapman, I am docking you a penny." The guy spits waving around his hitting stick.

The three of us march in and me and Sarah nod at eachother jumping onto opposite tables and throwing the tools that were previously on there to the floor.

"Your three aren't welcome here no more." The stick spits before glaring at the three of us. "Get Down!" He shouts smacking his stick onto the table where Sarah is standing before spinning to look at me smacking his stick harder onto the table "GET DOWN!"