5

Early the next morning we awoke and I rushed around gathering my belonging before following Enola to where she claimed she had seen some farmer carts that could take us to London

We made it to a cart full of sheep and somehow Enola managed to bribe the man to let us ride on the back.

I sat in the middle next to Enola and Tewksbury my small trunk hugged to my chest against the bar as we move.

We joked the most of the way to London but at one point Enola fell asleep onto my shoulder leaving just me and Tewksbury to chat. "I never got an real answer from you." He says keeping his voice quiet to not accidentally wake Enola.

"I have no clue what you mean." I reply absent mindedly.

"I asked you and Enola while you ran, she did because she didn't want to go to a finishing school, you said it was because you didn't want to go to balls and become a wife. But that is not it, is it?" He asks softly.

Gosh he saw quite right through me, I look at them trail. "It is complicated." I mutter under my breath it was actually quite personal to chat about.

"Well Ester, you can trust me." he says his chocolate brown eyes staring into my blue ones. His velvety voice soft and a kind smile on his face.

"I gathered that." I sigh before trying to lighten the mood with a small joke splitting our ways looming over the future like a bad voodoo. "I guess I should trust the people I jumped off a train with, huh?"

The boy laughs at my change in mood, his small dimples appearing either side of his bright smile, his chocolate brown eyes lighting up. This causes a blush to rise in my cheeks and I look away. 

***

When the cart finally reaches London, Enola is wide awake excitedly looking at the bustling traffic while I sigh tucking my hair into my head and acting like a boy from now onwards.

Don't get me wrong, I am extremely excited to be in London. But I have to get things in order, an apartment, a well paying job and an adventure. In that order.

We all watch the bustling streets of London. Elegant fancy ladies roam the street while other people try to sell things. The dogs and chickens walk freely through street and no one seems to bat an eyelid.

"Well I am getting off here." Says Enola slipping below the wooden bar easily landing on her feet her dress flowing nicely as she's does so. She decided to keep on the dress that I had leant her. She claimed her disguise didn't work anyway.

I look around we are not on the busy streets yet. "Me too." I sigh jumping below the bar and dragging my trunk with me as I do so. Also having a hunch that Enola wants me to follow her.

"Oh, so this isn't where we part." The boys says sadly as the carriage stops for a moment the driver dropping off some wool. I feel quite bad for the boy because although he was a lord he was still premature to the world. It wasn't that he was quite a sweet boy, because I don't have soft spots. Not at all.